Washington State crab catch report time-gctid824373

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Pcpete" post=825344 wrote:
    Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife Police added 2 new photos.

September 18 at 10:02am ┬À

Puget Sound Unlicensed Charter Seized

After receiving reports of an unlawful crab charter out of Everett, Officers contacted the vessel after returning from harvesting crab. The vessel contained ten total subjects, but only seven licensed subjects on board, mostly children with catch record cards.

in addition to failing to have a charter license, the captain also did not have a fishing license due to his privileges being suspended for prior crab violations. The subjects possessed a total of 78 Dungeness crab, 2 red rock crab, one Coho salmon, two Ratfish, one Dogfish, and an Octopus. Of the 78 Dungeness crab, 28 were female and an additional 28 were undersized. As a result of multiple violations and unlicensed charter operation, the vessel was seized for forfeiture proceedings.

The pictures are on the wdfw police Facebook page. They seized a pretty nice looking boat.
    Pete, crazy stuff hmy: you mean to put this post here? It deserves its own thread.
    Dave
    Edmonds, WA
    "THE FIX"
    '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
    (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
    The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
    Misc. projects thread
    https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

The pictures are on the wdfw police Facebook page. They seized a pretty nice looking boat.
      Anyone know what kind of boat this is?

[attachment]41364 wrote:
      21557436_1575234205867517_7152485365038835540_n-1.jpg[/attachment]
      "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
      MMSI: 367637220
      HAM: KE7TTR
      TDI tech diver
      BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
      Kevin

Comment

"CptCrunchie" post=825371 wrote:
        Anyone know what kind of boat this is?

[attachment]41364 wrote:
        21557436_1575234205867517_7152485365038835540_n-1.jpg[/attachment]
        Yup, that's a government boat!

I think it's a Maxum

Comment

"green650" post=825374 wrote:
          I think it's a Maxum
          Good call, green650!

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2000...s#.WcM96UxonI4
          "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
          TDI tech diver
          Kevin

Comment

I find this infuriating. Anyone with basic crabbing knowledge knows you can't take females. With global ocean stocks what they are, who would do this? Only thing I can think of would be some confused application of aboriginal fishing rights. I'm 100% glad they took his boat, hope he doesn't get it back.

Comment

I should mention....

To those WA people who lost crab or shrimp pots, you need to report your loss. http://wdfw.wa.gov/enforcement/lost_gear/

The first is in the event they come up in a closed area, you can't be charged. The second is if they were stolen and found by the police or WDFW agents, you can tell them where they were and when you set them to assist in them building their poaching case. You will likely get them back.

The last reason is because there is a derelict crab and shrimp pot crew in WA State, and they find yours and your name is marked on them, you may get them back.
              TDI tech diver
              Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by CptCrunchie View Post
                The last reason is because there is a derelict crab and shrimp pot crew in WA State, and they find yours and your name is marked on them, you may get them back.
                My neighbor is a Deputy Sheriff and works the boats on the weekends. They don't return ANY pots. Every time they come in for fuel or a crew change, they pick up every pot they see (on closed days). They enter the names and info into a database and WDFW issues a warning to the person on the float, but no tickets are issued.

They also throw all the pots away. They have their own dumpster down by the sheds and only the nicest pots are kept or given away (to friends or neighbors). I have gotten a couple of nice pots from him this way.

Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

Originally posted by SomeSailor View Post

My neighbor is a Deputy Sheriff and works the boats on the weekends. They don't return ANY pots. Every time they come in for fuel or a crew change, they pick up every pot they see (on closed days). They enter the names and info into a database and WDFW issues a warning to the person on the float, but no tickets are issued.

They also throw all the pots away. They have their own dumpster down by the sheds and only the nicest pots are kept or given away (to friends or neighbors). I have gotten a couple of nice pots from him this way.
                  I'm not referring to the authorities. Indeed, they put whatever they remove in a dumpster.

This group actually retrieves the gear, and from what I understand from the presentation they did at our PSA general meeting, if you fill out their form and if your floats are well marked, they will call you if they find them.

http://derelictgeardb.org/reportgear...ookieSupport=1
                  TDI tech diver
                  Kevin

Comment

While that sounds good. The impression I get from my neighbor is thee gather dozens each off-season day. Not much room for folks searching for derelict gear.
                    Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

Working...
                    X