Gimmick or Good Idea?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gimmick or Good Idea?

Let's see. They've tried different colors, a multitude of shapes, various finishes including glow, UV and rippled, all kinds of rattles and shakers, .and now this? Next there will be cappuccino flavored flashers. Yup! Their motto will be, "Guaranteed to keep their eyes open." :lol:

http://mailchi.mp/fish307/new-pro-tr...s?e=6964155e0e
    Last edited by Jim_Gandee; 01-05-2018, 10:20 PM.
    "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
    MMSI: 367637220
    HAM: KE7TTR
    TDI tech diver
    BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
    Kevin

Not sure why you'd want to distract the visual from your bait - probably get a lot of slams on your flasher instead of the hook end
    97 2859

Comment

Mostly a gimmick IMO. All the colors and patterns are to hook fishermen more than fish. I was a commercial salmon and then tuna troller for 34 yrs and a few staples was all you really needed. THE most important thing you could do was to put the gear in front of their noses and dial in the speed.

Comment

Like my old friend says,"Fishing lures are for catching fishermen" I'm sure it can be extended to other fishing equipment.

Comment

Well, a flasher is designed to impart action to the lure/bait and attract fish to the silvery flash, as in a feeding salmon slashing through a school of baitfish. In deeper water or poor light conditions it may help in the attraction part. We'll have to see if all of the manufacturers follow suit.
          Bob Hawes.
          Kelowna, B.C.
          1998 Trophy 2052 WA
          4.3 Vortec, A1 G2

Comment

Working...
          X