Shrimp!-gctid807793

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrimp!-gctid807793

Gorgeous day on the water, with shrimp in abundance! This was just an hour and a half soak. Two pots, over our limit, had to throw some back. Gotta love it.

"B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
    MMSI: 367637220
    HAM: KE7TTR
    TDI tech diver
    BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
    Kevin

Had a similar pot after just a half hour soak - and like you, had to throw 2/3 of them back in (had 53 in it, only needed 16)

Took us a while to chase them down though - 250-300 was pretty much dead - had to go in shallow to find them.
    97 2859

Comment

Nice haul. I don't think I would even fish if I had to count them. The only time I count is when I put 24 per bag in the freezer. I surely couldn't bring myself to throw any back.
      "REEL WILD"
      2001 2859 FNM 300 Diesel-Bravo 2
      Anchorage, Alaska
      If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes.......

Comment

"aknurse" post=807821 wrote:
        Nice haul. I don't think I would even fish if I had to count them. The only time I count is when I put 24 per bag in the freezer. I surely couldn't bring myself to throw any back.
        Well, ....wasn't that big a deal. Since they are so big, they were easy to count, and we tossed the smaller ones back and kept the big ones.

[attachment]36020 wrote:
        BonDCShrimpSize.jpg[/attachment]

Other good news is it looks like they'll be increasing our quota again to 120/person/day.
        "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
        TDI tech diver
        Kevin

Comment

Nice haul crunchie, how deep were ya?
          Dave
          Edmonds, WA
          "THE FIX"
          '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
          (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
          The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
          Misc. projects thread
          https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Nice haul crunchie, how deep were ya? Didn't get any pots down myself but did get a nice long cruise in today with family. Weather was fantastic!

Here's my little shrimp :lol:

Attached files

Dave
            Edmonds, WA
            "THE FIX"
            '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
            (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
            The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
            Misc. projects thread
            https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

"builderdude" post=807837 wrote:
              Nice haul crunchie, how deep were ya?[/attachment]
              350' using 400' of line. Going from slack low to a 2' ebb on a 6' exchange, I normally wouldn't go that deep, but we pulled before peak flow. Even then, when we got to our second pot, the main float was under, but the second float was on the surface.

Good looking ...shrimp! Always wanted a daughter....... *sigh* Lucky man.
              TDI tech diver
              Kevin

Comment

Working...
              X