Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protect my carpet from fish guts/blood?-gctid763025

Hey everyone,

Just bought a new (to me) 1991 capri 2052 cuddy.

It has carpeting on the deck, but I intend to troll for bigger saltwater fish like tuna, yellowtail, etc...

I'm guessing the fish blood/guts will be a pain on the carpet.

The previous owner has quite a bit of vinyl down just sitting on top of the carpet, like carpet runners. But it doesn't go all the way to the edges, let alone curl up a bit. So I'm guessing the blood will just roll off the vinyl as the boat rolls and on to the carpet.

I'm wondering if there's a vinyl liner that I can buy/cut, and cover the entire carpet, and have it go up the sides of the seats and such to better contain the fish guts. Pull it out/roll it up when I want carpet, lay it back down on top of the carpet when I want to fish.

Ideas?
    1991 Bayliner 2052 Cuddy

Is it possible to install a permanent final floor? Then you could put your carpet in/out and have it snap in. I think this is your best solution. Having fish on carpet, very hard to get smell out. Good luck. K
    Kevin & Robyn
    Koppers Kove
    MMSI 338206107
    2001 Bayliner 2452
    5.7 B2 PT BRA3 17p

Comment

"Vinyl floor "
      Kevin & Robyn
      Koppers Kove
      MMSI 338206107
      2001 Bayliner 2452
      5.7 B2 PT BRA3 17p

Comment

I had a similar problem. I ripped out the carpet, scraped off the residue and coated it with a water based non skid floor paint. tough on the knees but it worked great. easy to hose off, durable and had a nice color selection. I used it hard for 4 years and never had a problem. if you still want the carpet option you could have one cut to fit for your non fishing days.

Comment

I had a 2003 2152 and it had carpet that could not be removed. We fished in it and tried to be careful but of course there was always blood dripped on it... It turned out to be a non issue though, the stain would fade away after not all that long.
          1979 32 Uniflite Sport Sedan twin 270 crusaders
          2003 Bayliner 2152 210 Classic 5.0 mercruiser - sold
          I wish I knew now what I didn't know then

Comment

You can buy carpet protector rolls at most big box stores. It's mildy sticky and rolls out across the floor. I always keep a roll on the boat. Roll it out before the guys show up and pull it up and throw it away when you're done. Great stuff and a roll goes a long way on a boat.
            Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

You can spray the Scotchgard Rug & Carpet Protector on your carpet surface.

Comment

Working...
              X