Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Chinook Restrictions-gctid745418

This will hurt.

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/chinook-limits-will-cost-millions-island-anglers-say-1.2284303]Chinook Size Limits[/url]

Drifter - I think that article could mislead some people. If read quickly, it would seem that hatchery Chinooks are also slotted in the 45 to 85 cm but My understanding is that Hatchery are only 45 cm minimum. Meaning one can keep any length above 45 CM ( unslotted). I'm a big believer in take your first two springs and call it a day. I'm not that bright so need some-one to explain to me in the real world what does keeping a 92 cm wild spring really mean as apposed to throwing it back with a 50/50 chance of survival. Not sure this helps. Ted

Comment

"playdoughted" post=745470 wrote:
      Drifter - I think that article could mislead some people. If read quickly, it would seem that hatchery Chinooks are also slotted in the 45 to 85 cm but My understanding is that Hatchery are only 45 cm minimum. Meaning one can keep any length above 45 CM ( unslotted). I'm a big believer in take your first two springs and call it a day. I'm not that bright so need some-one to explain to me in the real world what does keeping a 92 cm wild spring really mean as apposed to throwing it back with a 50/50 chance of survival. Not sure this helps. Ted
      Apparenly they are.

Fisheries and Oceans Canada has banned catches of wild chinook larger than 85 centimetres through July 15. [color]#ff0000 wrote:
      Daily limits are two wild or hatchery-marked chinook between 45 and 85 cm[/color]. - See more at: http://www.timescolonist.com/news/lo....1PjD5rvi.dpuf

Comment

I think it sucks that joe average gets lumped in with the guides on this.

How is a guide a sportsfisherman? More like a commercial troller with two rods and passengers, now we are paying the price once again.

Soon the grocery store will be the only place to get (farmed) salmon.

Chay

Comment

Working...
        X