Puget Sound Fishing / Crabbing-gctid745069

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puget Sound Fishing / Crabbing-gctid745069

I just moved to Vashon Island and am looking for tips on places in that area for salmon fishing and crabbing. Most interested in Marine Areas: 11, 13, 12, 10 and 9. Any hot spots you can share would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Karl, Heather, Lydon & Finn
    Vashon Island, WA.
    2006 / 242 EC / 5.7L / Bravo III / SJ Eng. Fresh Water Cooling

".............but these go to 11."

"surefolly" post=745069 wrote:
    I just moved to Vashon Island and am looking for tips on places in that area for salmon fishing and crabbing. Most interested in Marine Areas: 11, 13, 12, 10 and 9. Any hot spots you can share would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Yukon Harbor west of the Southworth ferry and Quartermaster harbor at the south end of Vashon for crab. Check www.salmonuniversity.com for all the hot spots in your area for salmon. Also the race track due west of Demoines marina for salmon.
    Doug ;}
    MMSI: 338068776
    "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

Thank you. What and where is the race track - not familiar with that. We launch in Quartermaster Harbor and my house actually faces SE towards Tacoma, Dash Point and Federal Way - Des Moines is a bit NE of us.
      Vashon Island, WA.

Comment

"surefolly" post=745073 wrote:
        Thank you. What and where is the race track - not familiar with that. We launch in Quartermaster Harbor and my house actually faces SE towards Tacoma, Dash Point and Federal Way - Des Moines is a bit NE of us.
        Directly across from Des Moines is a bay on the east side of Vashon. That is the racetrack because everyone does a clockwise racetrack in that bay for salmon. Also the west side of the Narrows bridge on the shore (30 feet of water) before sunrise...
        Doug ;}
        MMSI: 338068776
        "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

I think that's Tramp Harbor on Vashon.
          Vashon Island, WA.

Comment

Area 13 is open Taylor bay is pretty good.
            Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
            Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
            93 3058 sold
            92 2855 (day boat)
            91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
            Longbranch WA
            Life is Good

Comment

I thought puget sound was closed for salmon better check the regs

Comment

Area 13 crabbing is open
                Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
                Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
                93 3058 sold
                92 2855 (day boat)
                91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
                Longbranch WA
                Life is Good

Comment

Salmon University info is very solid and detailed for South Vashon.

A couple other online resources include:

- Google map somebody posted with comments (click on a colored box) https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...NAvDkF_A&hl=en

- Salt Patrol (Capt. John Keizer) is based in the south sound, so worth a look (but he used to be with Salmon U. so the info overlaps) http://saltpatrol.com/resources/fishing-maps/

It's a long way to North Vashon, but Dolphin Pt (northeast tip of Vashon) and Southworth (from the ferry dock and south) can both be good. The tip of Vashon is the north line of Area 11, which often is open when Area 10 (to the north) is closed.

Gamefishin.com (http://www.gamefishin.com/forums/let...ommunity-on.2/) and PiscatorialPursuits forums periodically have reports posted and you can search old posts for terms like "Girl Scout Camp" that are important to know. The F24/fishn2gthr4ever crew fishes around Tacoma and post and has some videos that can be entertaining https://www.youtube.com/user/fishn2gthr4ever

Comment

I can show you some spots been fishing south puget sound some fifty years.

I have lived within 40 miles from where i am now all my life.

Don

Comment

Working...
                    X