Fishing and mooring in Lake Erie-gctid733980

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing and mooring in Lake Erie-gctid733980

Where are great places to dock your boat and what's is the Nightly rate. Also where are great places to fish

A little more info would be very helpful. Lake Erie is a BIG body of water! I'm very familiar with western Lake Erie, Toledo to Sandusky.

Comment

Any part of Lake Erie. If you are familiar with the western part please give me info on that side. I can put in on any side of Ohio.

Comment

The Western Basin has numerous marina's, most of which are excellent. We like the Port Clinton area, because it offers some of the best walleye fishing in the world and is a neat town. Kelley's Island is a great place to slip up for a night or two. Put-in-bay is for the more rowdy crowd, so if you're a partier, that's the Island for you. There's an excellent public landing in Marblehead that is the closest point to Kelly's Islands.
        1999 Ciera 2655 5.7L BIII "Brenda Lou"
        1996 Skeeter 1850DV 175 Mariner 9.9 Mariner. sold, sold, sold
        1975 Lund 14' 25 HP Mercury. sold, sold, sold
        2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7L Turbo diesel Quad Cab
        Green Bay, WI on the Fox River
        South Bay Marina

Comment

This is great advice. I'm a family man with two small kids so it sounds lime Kelly's island is e best fit for me.

Comment

Don't forget the Cedar Point amusement park and the marina next to it. Also, Put in Bay on South Bass island is a party spot but it is OK to take the family there during the week. I just wouldn't take them downtown on a Friday or Saturday night. Get's pretty wild! Kelleys island is very nice. Also, there is a very nice marina on Middle Bass Island with a cheap ferry ride to Put in Bay.

Comment

To get good information about marinas and moorings sign on to Active Captain.
              1999 Bayliner Ciera 2655
              5.7 Bravo 3

Comment

"tbone_7707" post=734385 wrote:
                Any part of Lake Erie. If you are familiar with the western part please give me info on that side. I can put in on any side of Ohio.
                When I was a boy, (50 yrs ago, ouch) my dad and I would rent a little row boat with a 5 hp motor on it out of port Clinton.

We used spreaders on the end of our light weight spin cast rods and would catch 2 perch at a time, all day long.

There was a fish cleaning plant there, that would pull small filets off the fish, about the size of a child's hand.

We would make a beer batter which I thought was pretty cool at the time and fry the perch in a pan of greese, ha.

Great memory!

Comment

Working...
                X