Clear All

Potential Thief? Vancouver Area-gctid727370

Just saw this in the boating section on Craigslist:

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/boa/5533192120.html
    2001 Bayliner Ciera 2455 5.7 Merc MPI, Bravo 3
    2009 Subaru WRX STI
    2017 stick with a nail on the end of it

Victoria, BC

A few people have caught this boat stealing or trying to steal traps.

Mike
    Bayliner 1952 Capri Cuddy

Comment

Sounds like that douchebag needs some sort of scarlet letter affixed to his boat.
      Esteban
      B-ham!
      Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

We had a group of local Koreans doing this. One boat rolled up on them while they were pulling his pots. When he yelled at them they spoke in Korean back at him. He pulled his handgun and suprise, they spoke English just fine. He got it all on video (gopro on the roof)

They got a 500 fine. Then they put the leased boat up for sale in CL. This was because you can't just drive to Whittier. You have to go through a 2 mile train tunnel single file. In on the hour, out on the half hour. Meanwhile you have to wait in a line before they open it. They were threatened with their life's everytime, and I don't blame the boaters.

Last two years I have had people pull and empty my pots.
        Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

Comment

Such a nice fancy boat someone obviously has money for. And crab traps are like $20 US and another $10 for the float. I don't get it....

Comment

Including my puller I have around 1500 invested in my shrimp set up.
            Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

Comment

"rkcarguy" post=727796 wrote:
              Such a nice fancy boat someone obviously has money for. And crab traps are like $20 US and another $10 for the float. I don't get it....
              Add another $30-50 for leaded line, $15 if you use store bought lead, $10 for a baitholder, $10 for the harness, and another $20 or so for various clips and stainless doo dads. Easily over $100 a setup.

But its not the theft that is annoying, as they don't always steal the gear.

Its annoying when you go check your pots that you spent a couple hours placing, another couple hours pulling them, maybe $100 in fuel, and find nothing because someone stole your crabs.

Then you have to go home empty handed where you have 20 friends waiting for a crab boil.
              Esteban
              B-ham!
              Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

Working...
              X