PNW Halibut Season 2016-gctid722410

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a couple over 100#'s last week...

No way I'd want to catch one that big any more. I like to eat the 35# and under butts... My biggest so far is 140#. I should have released her as I was not happy with the meat.
    Doug ;}
    MMSI: 338068776
    "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

I agree they taste better.
      Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
      Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
      93 3058 sold
      92 2855 (day boat)
      91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
      Longbranch WA
      Life is Good

Comment

Out in the ocean from Neah Bay we slaughtered the buts. Took a while longer to get our Lings and we felt guilty cursing about not another but! It was great fishing as usual and no monsters. What we kept was all in the 20 to 35 pound range with some very nice but average Lings too. This year Snow Creek where we always camp and head out from lost their dock so we had to dinghy in and out from the boat on anchor to the beach. Added a whole new sense of adventure and not necessarily a good one. First time we've ever done fish cleaning at camp. Always an adventure!

Comment

I don't like the way this always auto rotates vertical photos to be sideways. Ugh

Comment

Looks great TJ... nice haul...
            Doug ;}
            MMSI: 338068776
            "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

My buddy just bought a 25' Trophy with twin 150's on it for 12k in FL. It's a hell of a boat and quite impressive how it handles. Fishes nicely too.

Comment

Working...
              X