Ucluelet fishing trip-gctid676431

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ucluelet fishing trip-gctid676431

Just returned from 4 days fishing in Ucluelet, successful fishing for Springs (Kings), but the halibut were elusive. The hali were basically 25 miles offshore at Big Bank, which I wasn't too anxious to explore. I had a hard time determining why the salmon weren't taking anchovies, which I'd used successfully last year. The fish were right on the bottom at South Bank (about 150 feet deep) and were actively feeding on shrimp. I'd never previously cleaned a salmon with shrimp in it's belly! The magic bait ended up being a hoochie 44" behind a flasher. White worked, but the killer turned out to be green, with a white belly, and a small, clear, plastic, horizontal fin on it's nose! I tied them up with double single #4 singles, and I think that I could have filled up the boat, they worked that well. All the fish were low 20's, but we did loose a biggee, boatside!
    Bob Hawes.
    Kelowna, B.C.
    1998 Trophy 2052 WA
    4.3 Vortec, A1 G2

Nice report Bob...

but we need photos... or...
    Doug ;}
    MMSI: 338068776
    "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

Hi Doug, we didn't take a one, so you'll have to believe my report!! Who ever has time for pictures with a smoking reel? My son may have a picture of the fish locker, I'll query him when he get's home. Sorry you couldn't make the trip this year. A fellow fisher gave me accurate coordinates for all the hot spots in the area. I can forward them to you if you're interested.
      Bob Hawes.
      Kelowna, B.C.
      1998 Trophy 2052 WA
      4.3 Vortec, A1 G2

Comment

"bhawes" post=676974 wrote:
        Hi Doug, we didn't take a one, so you'll have to believe my report!! Who ever has time for pictures with a smoking reel? My son may have a picture of the fish locker, I'll query him when he get's home. Sorry you couldn't make the trip this year. A fellow fisher gave me accurate coordinates for all the hot spots in the area. I can forward them to you if you're interested.
        thanks but I have all of them and some that only the guides know about. If we ever get together, I can show you the paper chart with all the hot spots for salmon and halibut...

[attachment]18284 wrote:
        fishing_2015-08-24.jpg[/attachment]
        Doug ;}
        MMSI: 338068776
        "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X