Battery Monitor...-gctid452631

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Monitor...-gctid452631

Ok.. Battery Monitor system is in, but still needs to be cleaned up.Anyway, I had this on my boat last year and I loved it, so I had to move it to this boat.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/757088=35230-IMG_0469.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/757088=35231-IMG_0473.jpg[/img]

Mike,

What type/band monitor is that? Been thinking of one for awhile now and I like the looks/design of that one.
    Tony, Cape Cod, MA
    Vice Commodore Bourne Yacht Club
    1994 Carver 390 Cockpit Motor Yacht
    454 Merc Cruisers inboards
    "HOLODECK"
    2014 10' hard bottomed Dink powered by 3.3HP Mariner 2 stroke
    www.bourneyachtclub.com

Comment

Very nice install

http://www.nasamarine.com/proddetail.php?prod=BM2

Comment

tonyiiiafl wrote:
        Mike,

What type/band monitor is that? Been thinking of one for awhile now and I like the looks/design of that one.
        Sorryi missed this Tony, but I see you have a link. Very easy install and so far it seems accurate. I love it.

Comment

That is OK for the lag Mike, I take into account that you are a NEWWWWWWWWWWWW YORKERRRRRR!

LOL, seriously, it looks exactly like I want. If the new boat passes the survey, I will be askaing where ya got it, as I want it for that 3888.
          Tony, Cape Cod, MA
          "HOLODECK"
          www.bourneyachtclub.com

Comment

tonyiiiafl wrote:
            That is OK for the lag Mike, I take into account that you are a NEWWWWWWWWWWWW YORKERRRRRR!

LOL, seriously, it looks exactly like I want. If the new boat passes the survey, I will be askaing where ya got it, as I want it for that 3888.
            Yeah... I slow down in the winter for sure.

It's a bigger unit than most, but I had the space for it and prefer to be able to read it easily.

NOW... what are you looking at? The Sabre?

Comment

How do you wire that up?

And how does it know how much is left in your batteries?

I have just a volt meter that tells me the amount of volts of the house bank or the start battery. I believe it is what came with the boat.

Comment

The system measures all current passing through the negative shunt, and uses an algorithm with voltage to calculate the Ah used.

When charging it measure the current going in.

You set the unit by telling it how many Ah you have attached and it starts from there.

Hope this helps.

The instructions are simple and for most is not hard to install.

Comment

Gilligan wrote:
                  Yeah... I slow down in the winter for sure.

It's a bigger unit than most, but I had the space for it and prefer to be able to read it easily.

NOW... what are you looking at? The Sabre?
                  NOPE! Check this out. Survey scheduled for the 27th, then if all well a sea trial! IT HAS A FREAKING BATH TUB MIKE! A BATH TUB!

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...h-175-HO-Hinos
                  Tony, Cape Cod, MA
                  "HOLODECK"
                  www.bourneyachtclub.com

Comment

green650 wrote:
                    How do you wire that up?And how does it know how much is left in your batteries?I have just a volt meter that tells me the amount of volts of the house bank or the start battery. I believe it is what came with the boat.
                    The wiring is very simple. The shunt is below and it's the first thing the negative side of the battery "sees". Three of the wires from the included wiring harness go to the shunt and the fourth goes to the battery direct (or via the MBSS). You can add a fifth wire that goes to the start battery and then it monitors voltage only for that, which IMHO, is all you need since it's really your reserve bank.Using voltage as an indicator is quite useless. This monitor will tell me:What each item draws in terms of Amp HoursVoltage of Start batteryHow much time the batteries will last at the current draw they are underTotal Amp Hours dicharged (this is resettable)Percentage of batteries leftIf you spent any time on the hook, it's one of the most valuable pieces of equipment you can buy. And it's VERY reasonable I think.

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]

Comment

Gilligan wrote:
                      If you spent any time on the hook, it's one of the most valuable pieces of equipment you can buy. And it's VERY reasonable I think.

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]
                      +1 agreed

Comment

Mike, I just now saw your thread here, even though we did talk about this on the phone.

I see that only your HLBB Negative is using the Shunt Resistor....... like it should be.
                        Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
                        2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
                        Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
                        Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
                        Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Working...
                        X