3988 gauge removal !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3988 gauge removal !

so this happened this weekend, cut a Raymarine 12" display and removed the gauges. I cut aluminum to cover openings, and painted them black for now, I have on order Oil, Temp and hour meters to flank the sides of the display, I have installed a noland data module which will take the analog signal and convert it to nema data. I have yet to program it, coming soon. I will cover the new side panels with 3M Dinoc in Carbon Fiber to finish it off, unless i find a nicer looking wood grain that I like. The two displays are networked and can do anything between them, radar, sonar charts, AIS and Fusion etc.. cant wait to finish this and get in the water in the coming weeks.

3988 Cummins

Very cool! Can't wait to see the finished product! I'm not gonna get as crazy as you, but I am looking to replace my original tachs with digital tachs.
    Alex
    Orange County, Ca.
    2001 3988
    Twin Cummins 330's

Comment

Can't wait to see it! Wander something like that expecting my project 3988...

Comment

Finally got around to finishing it up and have to admit I’m pretty happy with it. Just need to finish tweaking the interface.
        3988 Cummins

Comment

Too cool. Do you have a parts list of all the components you used?
          Guntar
          1999 3988
          Cummins 270s

Comment

To complete this I used the following.
            raymarine 12”
            noland rs11 which is a data converter. It takes the signal data from the analog gauge and out into your network.
            aluminum sheet cut to fit. And covered in 3m di-noc carbon fiber
            new faria Chesapeake stainless gauges. Oil/temp/hours
            I ran the hour meters on a power supply to match the original hour meters. Which I left connected inside the dash for proof of hours
            Rest was wire shrink connectors etc.

mot too bad overall. But to fit the display you’ll need to saw the opening, once you do that there is no turning back.

overall very please with this project. Really updates the helm. Next will be the switch panel to the right. Probably going to replace with carling switch’s And cover with carbon fiber also.
            3988 Cummins

Comment

That's on my wishlist. Nice job!
              Tony Bacon,
              Washougal, WA
              Caspian, MMSI 338355743
              1997 3788 Cummins 250hp

Comment

Working...
              X