Sealand vacuflush system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sealand vacuflush system

I have a sealand vacuflush system on my 4588 bayliner what a nightmare to get at the hoses for replacement and will two toilets work on one vacuum generator
    right know it has an additional accumulating tank and pump working the forward head it makes up for a lot more hose and valves can I phase out the accumulator
    or is it needed for more vacuum in the system it does work well now but it would sure simplify the system if you could use just one vacuum generator

Not sure what system you have.....However I'll go out on a limb and say you have a VG2 Sealand and you will need one for each head.Your most likely running into so many hoses because of Y valves ?? and holding tank /. Overboard plus holding tank discharge....all only were applicable of course. I installed your over 20 years ago love the system,not saying I haven't had problems but almost caveman simple to work on.....young ones as older one don't bend so easily
    Brad & Sharon
    Lady Jake
    1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
    LaConner,Wa. (summer)
    2003 Scout CC 24' W/225 Yamaha
    kailua Kona,Hi (Winter)

Comment

I have one vacuum pump for each head. One under the master tub, the other in the locker behind the guest head accessed from the passageway. There is also additional access
      through the floor of the liquor cabinet. I removed the useless vacuum system to better access the area under the master tub. Thank goodness the previous owner(s) did it in a re-fit. Best part of dual pumps is that the heads work independent. If one goes down with a vac leak or Dick valve, you are still functional.
      1990 4588

Comment

BTW: That’s “duck bill valve”.

Comment

yes I have the same installation one pump under the tub and one in that little closet and the vacuum generator in the engine room I m installing the $14 / ft sani pipes so I never want to do this job again
          I did put one Y valve in for the main head just encase the macerator fails not a fun job

Comment

Working...
          X