New Inverter and secondary charger installed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Inverter and secondary charger installed

Admiral wanted the ability to plug in while underway and not mess with the generator and also keep our ice maker running.

Removed the 3 bank ProMariner I installed 11 years ago and installed the Xantrex Freedom XC 2000w/80amp unit after seeing it at the boat show. It is almost 50% cheaper than the 2000 W Freedom SW unit. Tied into existing panel for ease of use. Mounted remote at the AC panel and can easily monitor the watts and battery voltage.

New inverter units don't have the multiple charging leads like previous models (per Xantrex). This left me to figure out how to maintain the start and generator batteries. Finally found the Xantrex Truecharge2 10amp charger. Now my batteries are fully charged.
    Sean
    1987 3870
    Crimson Pride II
    Past Commodore Mukilteo Yacht Club
    MMSI: 338080226

Originally posted by Sunnydude View Post
    Admiral wanted the ability to plug in while underway and not mess with the generator and also keep our ice maker running.

Removed the 3 bank ProMariner I installed 11 years ago and installed the Xantrex Freedom XC 2000w/80amp unit after seeing it at the boat show. It is almost 50% cheaper than the 2000 W Freedom SW unit. Tied into existing panel for ease of use. Mounted remote at the AC panel and can easily monitor the watts and battery voltage.

New inverter units don't have the multiple charging leads like previous models (per Xantrex). This left me to figure out how to maintain the start and generator batteries. Finally found the Xantrex Truecharge2 10amp charger. Now my batteries are fully charged.
    "
    Removed the 3 bank ProMariner I installed 11 years ago":
    I have the same ProMariner charger (3 bank) I plan on installing with one start and two matched house 12 volts in parallel. Curious as to how you wired the charger in. I've seen many different routing schemes on here and a call to ProMariner told me to run a set of leads directly to each battery. I had figured I'd run one set to the start batt, store a set and tie in the two wired parallel to up the charge current and shorten charge time. Curious on how you had yours wired since this is the only thread I have found using the same charger. Also have the BlueSea add a batt kit with combiner sw and "acr". Also ( probably overkill) have two solar trickle chargers mounted to top of the arch. considering a separate switch for them as I'm unsure with everything else installed, they'd "conflict" when not out of the water for winter. They DO however have the diode to prevent "reverse flow. Thanks
    Dave
    Restoring/ upgrading: 1990 Ciera Sunbridge 2655 ST, "One Particular Harbour"
    5.7 Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen 1 (my floating retirement villa if it doesn't kill me first)
    Sold:
    1995 SeaPro 210 C/C "Hydro-Therapy"
    Mariner 150
    Towing with:
    2002 Ford F 350 7.3L Super Duty
    Near High Rock Lake, N.C.

Comment

Please tell me your neutral wires are connected to the xantrax neutrals in the pigtails and that your neutrals for the inverter, to and from and the neutrals from the inverter supply circuits are separate from the straight shore power circuits.
      Pete
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
      MMSI 367770440
      1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
      Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

Working...
      X