B2B Lounge chair and its base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B2B Lounge chair and its base

I've been searching for new a B2B lounge chair and realized that all of the ones being sold today have a 10 inch base, my original base is only about 5 inches and I think if I put in a taller base the wife will be sitting a little higher than the windshield.

She will not like that! Does anyone know if there is a 5 inch base being sold out there? And if not, are new seats compatible with my preexisting base? Specifically the bar and groove that it slides and locks into position in.
    2005 Bayliner 175

Update - After searching for a couple weeks and considering my options, mainly the cost of new seats, the base height, and the multiple reviews that I have read about new seats stating how flimsy the plastic bases are and how they seem smaller than original seats, I have decided to reupholster my original seats. Dropped them off Friday at a guys shop that has been an upholsterer for decades and does excellent work. Gonna cost about the same as new seats, maybe a little bit more, and about a 4 week turn around time cause hes so busy, but I know that I'll be happy with the finished product and I know they'll be at the height that I want.
    2005 Bayliner 175

Comment

I hope things work out well for you. Sometimes we can get off the shelf parts, other times "handmade" work is the only way to get satisfactory results. Look forward to seeing your next update.
      Present Boat- 2018 VR5 4.5/200hp Mercruiser
      Last Boat- 1998 Capri 1950CL 3.0 Mercruiser

Comment

Working...
      X