32xx Waste Tank Flush Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32xx Waste Tank Flush Project

For many of you who also own an RV, many RV’s have a black tank flush built in. There are some companies who sell DIY kits to install yourself. Most RV and boat smell comes from the waste tank (we all know that), so I like to fill and flush my tanks many times. That’s why I decided to add a rotating flush head into my waste tank. Since I have access to the top of my tank (via Cave Hatch Mod) I decided to put it there. I purchased a Camco Swivel Stik off of Amazon attached to the tank with a 1/2” bulkhead fitting. If you don’t have access to the top, you can put one in the side. I recommend the No Fuss Flush. I have used the Tank Tornado in the past but it stops spinning after a while. Now when I pump out, I connect to the freshwater hose at the pump station OR I connect to my wash down hose on the boat. Either way, as I dump out at sea or pump station, I’m rinsing the inside of the tank. Good luck and you won’t regret it. James
    James
    Kai Nani, Redondo Beach, CA
    1989 MY 3288
    Hino 150hp with Hurth 630A Trannies

I don’t have an RV yet so I didn’t know about those...
    I would fill mine up with water after emptying (electric toilet so just held button down) and then empty again.

To make it even easier, could you run plumbing from the no fuss to a thru hull near your pump out and connect a hose to it there?
    That way you don’t even have to move your helm chair and lift the hatch.
    Esteban
    Huntington Beach, California
    2018 Element 16
    Currently looking for 32xx in South Florida
    Former Bayliners: 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

That is my next step. Although I want it accessible if I’m underway and need to dump. But yes, I will run some plumbing to the cockpit area.
      James
      1989 MY 3288

Comment

I am planning to add a RV flush kit to my tank but haven’t got around to it yet.
        Did your boat have a bad smell before ? If yes, is it better than before?
        How long to install the flush kit ?
        1992 4588
        WitchWay

Seadoo Wake 170

Comment

I had the bad smell and replaced waste tank and all new hoses. Smell went away instantly. The whole project took 20-30 minutes at most. It depends on accessibility and how it’s going to be attached to the tank. Easy project
          James
          1989 MY 3288

Comment

That tank looks way bigger than mine. What is the capacity? What are the dimensions?
            Thanks
            1992 4588
            WitchWay

Seadoo Wake 170

Comment

Ill have to measure it. I forgot how big it is. Maybe 29 gallons. I’ll measure when I get a chance.
              James
              1989 MY 3288

Comment

My tank is 30x20x12
                James
                1989 MY 3288

Comment

Originally posted by IslandHop View Post
                  My tank is 30x20x12
                  Thanks for the update. I'm going to go measure mine.

1992 4588
                  WitchWay

Seadoo Wake 170

Comment

Working...
                  X