Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repower 350 chev. to 6.5 Diesel produced by AMG the Hummer builders.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JT mentioned remote filter, changer yes and pre oiler all in one package, it is set up tp pump oil through the engine prior to start up, good after an oil change or winter lay up, gets me to 10 - 15 lbs. of pressure on the gauge, 2nd by flipping 2 valves I can empty the oil from the bottom of the oil pan in to a bucket and of to disposal. Changing filer is a snap double plastic bags to catch the runoff wipe clean and new in place.
    Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
    96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

That is pretty!
      outstanding work buddy.
      Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
      Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
      93 3058 sold
      92 2855 (day boat)
      91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
      Longbranch WA
      Life is Good

Comment

Hello . We did our 2452 repower to HYUNDAI SEASALL s 270 .For diesel fuel return to the fuel tank we used tank ventilation hose . Volume of returning is small and this is ok .

Comment

Thank s Joon, it is one little step project and on to the next, Ilgvars my tank had a plugged port so not a problem. Still tiding things up lots of details and small things to cover.

Comment

Originally posted by fritzman View Post
            Thank s Joon, it is one little step project and on to the next, Ilgvars my tank had a plugged port so not a problem. Still tiding things up lots of details and small things to cover.
            I can only imagine, especially when everything completely changes from the OEM set up. doing a fantastic job Fritz, hope you're on the water soon!
            Dave
            Edmonds, WA
            "THE FIX"
            '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
            (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
            The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
            Misc. projects thread
            https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Thanks Dave, target is June, at the lake the docks are in, but ones more we have snow projected for tomorrow, the joy of living in MT.

Comment

Excellent work, I like the your thoughtful approach on all the details. For Example, engine pre oiler is great, had those on some of the Allison race engines I worked on at the Reno Air races. Adding to our house this Montana winter, so my boat time is limited. Rmitch.
                2650 Bayliner Explorer Express , 1980 model , single diesel; Isuza 4BDI, 280 outdrive,
                previous boats,
                Sea Ray 31, Tolly 48
                Great loop completed 2006
                10 year live aboard
                retired to land 2015
                rmitch

Comment

Originally posted by fritzman View Post
                  JT mentioned remote filter, changer yes and pre oiler all in one package, it is set up tp pump oil through the engine prior to start up, good after an oil change or winter lay up, gets me to 10 - 15 lbs. of pressure on the gauge, 2nd by flipping 2 valves I can empty the oil from the bottom of the oil pan in to a bucket and of to disposal. Changing filer is a snap double plastic bags to catch the runoff wipe clean and new in place.
                  I can't tell from the photo; hopefully the pre-oiler pumps through the filter first. Otherwise there's a risk that a pump failure will send debris into the engine oil passages.
                  1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
                  2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
                  Anacortes, WA

Comment

Thank all, more wet snow 6 inches this morning, yes the oil flows to the filter that's why 2 check valves, rmitch good luck on the hose project.

Comment

Working...
                    X