ID:	407952Click image for larger version

Name:	IGN SW Issue.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	407953Click image for larger version

Name:	20170710_122818.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	443.0 KB
ID:	407954 So knowing that the HALON Bottle in the Engine Room had never been discharged (pic), I wondered why the little green light on the helm never went green (signifying a ready bottle) from date of purchase. Began the process of digging through the wire maze at the fuse panel, and low and behold, trace the wire from the LED down to an inline fuse (checked OK) and then crimped to a 16ga brown with white stripe wire. As there was no voltage at this juncture, and it is supposed to come on with ignition switch, I checked the schematic. Hmmmm -- only wire there labeled BR-W is the Trim Sender wire and is marked NOT USED (no Trim gauge on this boat). I look at the IGN SW, and sure enough - there is a terminal missing a wire (other pic)!!!! Well low and behold, cut the fuse from the BR/W and connect it to the IGN SW and Voila!! IGN on with a green light, just the way the book sez it should be. Now working at identifying all the circuits at that funky fuse block so I'll know where to look in the event anything happens at sea.

It's all the little things in life and boating.......
    Attached Files
    1998 BL Ciera 2655 Sunbridge LX (Special Edition)
    "Sea Flights"
    5.7L 2bbl w/Thunderbolt Ignition
    Alpha I Gen II Sterndrive with raw water cooling
    MFG Extra's - A/C, Fresh Water Engine Flush port, HWH and Windlass
    Docks @ Punta Gorda, Florida

Good hunting and good job! It is interesting that your ignition worked as it used to be connected. On my boat, we had to cut the electrical wire going to the extinguisher bottle in order to remove the engine to do some work on it When we put everything back together but forgot to connect the wire to the extinguisher I could not get the engine to crank. Connected to wire to the extinguisher and all is well again.

Enjoy!
    Retired, computer expert / executive
    Bayliner 285 Cruiser / Mercruiser QSD 4.2L 320 HP Diesel
    Live in the Bay Area, CA, USA, boat in Turkey
    D-Marin @ Turgutreis in Bodrum/Turkey
    bdervisoglu8@gmail.com
    bulent@pacbell.net

Comment

Originally posted by MonteVista View Post
      Good hunting and good job! It is interesting that your ignition worked as it used to be connected. On my boat, we had to cut the electrical wire going to the extinguisher bottle in order to remove the engine to do some work on it When we put everything back together but forgot to connect the wire to the extinguisher I could not get the engine to crank. Connected to wire to the extinguisher and all is well again.

Enjoy!
      Thanks. Mine was the low tech model. Acvording to the manual they only run SW power back to the bottle from ignition switch, then to the light then the bottle switch then ground. The theory is that if running and the light goes out the bottle has voided due to fire. As if one wouldn't know that on a smaller boat such as mine (they are pretty noisy when they discharge). Yours was the delux setup and according to the manual the bottle SW can be wired to shut down engine(s).
      1998 BL Ciera 2655 Sunbridge LX (Special Edition)
      "Sea Flights"
      5.7L 2bbl w/Thunderbolt Ignition
      Alpha I Gen II Sterndrive with raw water cooling
      MFG Extra's - A/C, Fresh Water Engine Flush port, HWH and Windlass
      Docks @ Punta Gorda, Florida

Comment

Working...
      X