guy building a boat in florida-gctid400967

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guy building a boat in florida-gctid400967

hello all!! havent been on here in forever! I was browsing the net while bored at work and i remembered there being a link about a guy..in florida..building a monster wooden boat in a self built garage...he was doing AWESOME work and i kinda would like to check up on his progress....anyone remember what and where the link is or went? thanks in advance!!! joe h

I expect you're thinking of The Molly B

Comment

I regularly check on the ol molly b. Few more weeks I belive till he can start working on her again, really coming along now though.

Comment

thanks guys! i've just spent an hour following that boat!! what a craftsman! he broke his heel so hes relaxing now...hope he finishes.... lol

Comment

hope he finishes is the key, weather he can handle that is another. he is getting pretty old and hes been working on that boat for over a decade.

lol not to be a douche, but I woulda just bought a boat and enjoyed it for 10 years.

Then again building as he says, was his dream.

Comment

Great project -- I will be sure to share this with my wife if she ever complains about projects taking up too much time or space.

10 year build -- in a neighbours yard no less. Not one, not two but 3 hurricanes knocked down his stuff before I lost interest in looking at each page (there may be more).
            Terry
            1999 Bayliner 3388
            Twin Cummins 4BTA
            Fisherman, Cruiser, Boaticus-enthusiasticus-maximus
            Member Royal Victoria Yacht Club

Comment

I've been following the Molly B since it first surfaced here on BOC. What a work in progress!!

Comment

Pretty impressive. Was not aware of that project until this post - then spent a very enjoyable hour going through the blog... Sure hope he gets going again soon....

Comment

wow he has done an amazing job..

Comment

Just checked on the Molly B again. He's getting really close! If I lived closer I'd love to go give him a hand for a day. It would be interesting to see the project up close. Lets hope he can hit the water this spring!
                    1993 Bayliner 3058 Cierra
                    Twin 4.3L V6's
                    Alpha 1 Gen II Drives
                    Moored in Everett, WA

Comment

I just checked his site. His last statement "I'm getting close to running out of things to do."

Hopefully he will launch very soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X