Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bayliner Wrap Project-gctid820469

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Bayliner Wrap Project-gctid820469

    I finished this wrap on the bayliner 1999 ciera 2655 boat a couple months ago.Everything was stripped down and cleaned and i started my design last winter and took three days to install. Very happy with the results.


    Attached files


    #2
    Nicely done! Wonder what the life expectancy of the wrap would be? Guess it doesn't really matter. Another three days.
    MY 3988
    M/V MMPOWRD
    Poulsbo, WA

    Comment


      #3
      That is very cool. Not for me personally, but it is impressive.
      John
      1986 Marinette 39 Sedan after enjoying our 1984 Marinette 28
      (formerly 89 2755 5.8 OMC & 97 1850SS 4.3L Alpha I)

      Comment


        #4
        Very cool. Any worry about fender rub?
        Ted G
        The Great PNW

        86 2850 Contessa SB
        Designers Edition
        Mercury 350 Mag
        290 Volvo DP

        Comment


          #5
          Looks good in a picture.

          Is this your boat or your business, or both?

          Someone else here on this forum did their boat a few years back but didn't have good luck with longevity/durability.
          Esteban
          B-ham!
          Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

          Comment


            #6
            I posted about this on my 2655 got responces back that after a yr or 2 the rub/scratches show. Had people tell me it looked far away but no so good up close after a couple yrs. And been told they pilled them off. Also had a owner of a vinyl company tell me its about a 5yr life span on the vinyl

            Comment


              #7
              this is my company that does these

              Comment


                #8
                "rsdigitald" post=826775 wrote:
                this is my company that does these
                Perhaps you can tell us a few things about a wrap job like this.

                - How much would that cost to have done?

                - What happens to the wrap and fiberglass underneath with a lot of water around the wrap

                - How does it stand up to fenders and dock rub rails

                - How long is the life expectancy

                - How hard and costly is it to remove and replace

                - After removal are their any lasting affects that need attention if you want to go back to the gelcoat

                Thank you
                Northport NY

                Comment


                  #9
                  Looks very nice, you better hope somebody doesn't mistake the side of your boat for the beach and try to run their boat up on shore.

                  If you have a wrap that will make my old 32xx look like a new Meridian or a Carver please let me know.
                  Dan
                  Frostbite Falls, Minnesota
                  Claudia V. III
                  1988 - 3218
                  Gas Drives

                  Comment


                    #10
                    "smitty477" post=826780 wrote:
                    ... After removal are their any lasting affects that need attention if you want to go back to the gelcoat
                    I would be concerned about the condition of the fiberglass and gelcoat underneath. Many boats that have dark gelcoat or dark paint end up with damage to the fiberglass underneath due to the heat. I imagine that a dark wrap will do the same.
                    1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
                    2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
                    Anacortes, WA

                    Comment


                      #11
                      "Norton Rider" post=826807 wrote:
                      "smitty477" post=826780 wrote:
                      ... After removal are their any lasting affects that need attention if you want to go back to the gelcoat
                      I would be concerned about the condition of the fiberglass and gelcoat underneath. Many boats that have dark gelcoat or dark paint end up with damage to the fiberglass underneath due to the heat. I imagine that a dark wrap will do the same.
                      Yes - I agree my concern as well. We have seen some boats damaged over the years from very tight winterizing shrinkwrap when it covers larger areas and is immersed with water during the off season. Curious to know if the wrap at and near the waterline will add to the osmotic issues.
                      Northport NY

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by green650 View Post
                        Looks good in a picture.

                        Is this your boat or your business, or both?

                        Someone else here on this forum did their boat a few years back but didn't have good luck with longevity/durability.
                        I did, but this forum upgrade lost all the photos
                        Anyway, wrap lasted 2 seasons after which it did not look good at all.
                        1998 Ciera 2855, 7.4L MPI, Harbourfront Toronto, Ontario

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Hyperlite View Post

                          I did, but this forum upgrade lost all the photos
                          Anyway, wrap lasted 2 seasons after which it did not look good at all.
                          Go to the old site and look for photo's.
                          Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

                          Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
                          Twin 350 GM power
                          Located in Seward, AK
                          Retired marine surveyor

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X