New Swim Platform and Bimini-gctid395899

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Swim Platform and Bimini-gctid395899

For the past year or two I have been toying with the idea of adding a swim platform to my 2252. I kept going back and forth about trying to build one or buy one. After looking at the various materials and methods of attachments I decided to bite the bullet and order one. I called up swimplatforms.com in the end of April and ordered it. The platform took about 6 weeks to get and about 1 day to install. The worst part was drilling holes in a perfectly good boat. Anyone that has done any project on their boat either above or the waterline knows how that feels. Hopefully I can add the pictures. I went with a local canvas guy instead of getting a generic one online. It did not cost a great deal more plus I had zippers added to it so I could add windows and a camperback at a later date.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/699563=29236-IMG_0388a.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/699563=29237-IMG_0409a.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/699563=29238-IMG_0410a.jpg[/img]

looks good, nice work.

Comment

You will love the platform, great addition. Like another room on the boat. Looks great.

Comment

Thanks, I can't take to much credit for the bimini since it was made and installed by a professional. My current project is adding a floor compartment in the cabin. I will post that project when I finish it up. I am just waiting for the floor material to arrive. This is just a quick shot of it.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/699578=29243-IMG_0446a.jpg[/img]

Comment

Nice work. I love those platforms, but they are a little out of my budget.

Hey what does it look like under that hatch you added?

I was thinking of cutting all that out on mine and putting a little Norcold there.

Comment

Here is the picture from right after I cut open the floor. It is the inside of the hull. The fiberglass is unfinished and very rough in the deepest part. There is an indent from what I think are called the strakes. This is where I decided to put the floor. The fiberglass above the indent is fairly smooth but it is that ugly brown color as as you can see. The plan is to try and resin coat or paint the glass white to match the floor that I have made for the compartment. The compartment is 16 inches wide in the front and 28 inches in the back. The length inside is about 36 inches overall and I think about 11 inches deep. I am going to post step by step pictures when I get the chance when its all done.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/702168=29496-IMG_0363a.jpg[/img]

Comment

I peeled my carpet off there this afternoon. Im going to do the same thing, but probably cut the hole to within one inch all around and then put a piece of plywood that sits on top, carpeted.

Separate question, how many bunks does your trailer have?

Mine only has 2 2x6's that go from the rear to about the middle, so the front half isn't supported by much, just a couple keel rollers.

Not to much info about these boats anywhere.

They don't seem to be as abundant as the 2452.

Comment

green650 wrote:
                Separate question, how many bunks does your trailer have?

Not to much info about these boats anywhere.

They don't seem to be as abundant as the 2452.
                My trailer has all rollers, no bunks. Sorry no help on that one.

Comment

Working...
                X