No announcement yet.

2655 (34)U(34) Lounge seat UPDATE DON(39)T NEED REFERENCES ANY MORE-gctid791641

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2655 (34)U(34) Lounge seat UPDATE DON(39)T NEED REFERENCES ANY MORE-gctid791641

I'm recovering my seats. Starting simple with the helm. So far so good. My problem as you can see from the picture is the back and start of the angle are missing. I've found someone to cut the cushion foam but have had no luck on the back frame/ construction. CanvasPlus sent a drawing but it's just a sketch and mentions a flat back the cushions mount to but said that it has vertical ribs and two angled pieces that mount to the cushion board back side. She also said some had a grab rail attached to the back for holding if one is standing on the eng lid area, which I would like to install. I know some of you guys have tackled seating and have seem some top notch work while looking around this site. Would you have any dimensions and or in progress picture of any lounge seat rework? If so and you'd be willing to share, message me and I'll give you my regular email address to send larger files to. I've taken pictures of the bottom wood pieces and gotten some measurements but the wood's so rotten that it crumbles like balsa wood crackers LOL! So I'd also be grateful for dimensions/ ref pictures of that too. I'm using 1/2 inch ply ( Can Plus recommendation) and spar varnish on the replacements I'm cutting. The factory stuff looks much thinner and must haven't been treated or sealed. Thank Y'all in advance! Hoping for some helpful feedback...

Dave

Attached files

Dave
    N.C. Boater, fresh and salt water. New to boating in 2009
    1990 Sunbridge 2655 "One Particular Harbour"
    5.7 Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen 1
    Past:
    1995 SeaPro 210 C/C "Hydro-Therapy"
    Mariner 150
    Towing with:
    2002 Ford F 350 7.3L Super Duty
    West of Hickory NC

Looks like you have nothing to work with at all. The seat rebuild starts on page 5

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...-the-big-dirty

Although not perfect mine came out ok when i redid it. Smaller boat and seat but you can do it!

Pat. Sandpoint Ida
    I NEED ANOTHER BOAT!!

Comment

Going to repost in the technical section. Hopefully it'll get more exposure
      Dave
      Past:
      Mariner 150
      Towing with:
      West of Hickory NC

Comment

I had to rebuild mine on my old 3055.

The wood used then was just painted plywood, not even sealed. I went with 1/2 inch and sealed mine with a few coats of Killz. I kept mine in a covered slip which is why I did not go with something like the west system to seal the wood.

Not sure if you are going to be able to find actual measurements for all the pieces. You may have enough there to build a new one a fabricate the back pieces.

You can try contacting baylinercustomercare.com to see if they have the measurements.
        Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
        1998 3055 Ciera
        (yes, a 1998)
        Previous boat: 1993 3055
        Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
        Sea Doo XP
        Sea Doo GTI SE
        Life is short. Boats are cool.
        The family that plays together stays together.
        Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

Kim from Canvas Plus actually dug out a set of fill size drawings for the U Lounge seat! What luck! Once I get it back together I'm going to return them in case somebody else needs them. Thanks Kim!!
          Dave
          Past:
          Mariner 150
          Towing with:
          West of Hickory NC

Comment

Working...