1990 2655 MBSS Panel completed (1st sub assy project)-gctid789322

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 2655 MBSS Panel completed (1st sub assy project)-gctid789322

decided to replace my Perko Standard MBSS with the Combiner/ ACR system from BlueSea. The Perko was mounted on a wood block that whomever installed, mounted it to the inner hull wall with the screw heads on the outside of the hull. Aft port side. Access is through a round plate in the aft port inner wall. A bit deep and awkward if I'd need to access at night or in a hurry. Problem it that there isn't ,much in the way of mounting surfaces in the eng compt. for things except the decks on wither side of the engine which looks like where everything and every wire had been routed and stepped all over and smashed, etc. As seen in the picture of the way I bought her that was going to take some cleaning up along the way. Being an acft tech, I pondered a composite panel for the switch setup, the ACR, a NEG buss bar and a resettable 30 amp breaker to feed one of the new fuse blocks under the helm. Although lightweight, it'd be expensive and labor intense, edge sealing, measuring holes potting in inserts, etc. Wood seems the norm but sealing, painting and mounting brackets to make it sturdy enough just didn't appeal either. I found the perfect remedy in the kitchen section of the local WallyMart. A synthetic 5/16" thick, 15"x20" cutting board for under 5 bucks! Light weight, very rigid, won't rot and already white! Not wanting to disturb the crude but dry original switch mount the board will screw right into the wood block needing no further structural reinforcement and have plenty of room for additions if wanted. I can shorten the main cable lengths, set the batteries more outboard and route wiring outbd of them to "clean up" the port Battery deck and allow room for working on the engine. It will move the switch a bit closer to the opening I'll have to reach through and I can access the rest from the eng compt. I plan on doing a similar panel for my 3 bank charger which will mount on the fwd eng bulkhead/ aft berth wall in line with the battery deck. I'll post more pictures in this section once I get things installed and cleaned up a bit.

Any advice, tips and concerns are greatly appreciated.

Dave (HueyCrew)

Dave
    N.C. Boater, fresh and salt water. New to boating in 2009
    1990 Sunbridge 2655 "One Particular Harbour"
    5.7 Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen 1
    Past:
    1995 SeaPro 210 C/C "Hydro-Therapy"
    Mariner 150
    Towing with:
    2002 Ford F 350 7.3L Super Duty
    West of Hickory NC

Should have the panel in place within the week.
    Dave
    N.C. Boater, fresh and salt water. New to boating in 2009
    1990 Sunbridge 2655 "One Particular Harbour"
    5.7 Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen 1
    Past:
    1995 SeaPro 210 C/C "Hydro-Therapy"
    Mariner 150
    Towing with:
    2002 Ford F 350 7.3L Super Duty
    West of Hickory NC

Comment

Working...