No announcement yet.

4588 Remodel-gctid394827

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to Corian the bathroom counters. I haven't decided on whether to cut out the guest head cabinet and rebuild it with something better suited to storage and removal in case the holding tank ever needs to be replaced. I would want to do that before putting in new counters.

The bathtub seems to be mostly a waste especially since there isn't enough hot water for more than a couple of inches. We have used it only for the grand kids for their baths but could do without it. I was also thinking about utilizing part of that space to build out the guest shower with a seat since the standing room is so limited.

A lot of the younger people want the dayrunner/sleek type boats but they aren't near as practical as the 4588/4788 with low height and less side wind issues.

Comment

Randyzon-

What color corian are your tops? We are thinking about going with "Edisto" for ours and just curious if it will be lighter or darker than what you installed. Tops look great!!
      ~~1987 Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse & 17' Boston Whaler Dauntless~~

Comment

looks really good, nice work

Comment

My wife and I love what you have done to your boat! We are considering new countertops and, more importantly, vacuflush heads. From your pictures, it looks like you cut out the wall behind the aft head to install your vacuflush system. Did you also use that hole to take out the old holding tank? Is that wall simply that, and not an important structural bulkhead? Where is the holding tank for the Vacuflush system? Is there still access to the area behind the head through the cabinet door alongside the steps to the cabinsole? Sorry for all the questions, but you have already walked a mile in the shoes we are looking to put on.

Thanks,

Keith

Comment

Nice work. It looks great!
            Craig & Vicki
            and Sally Sue & Lucy Lou
            1994 4788 "Treading Water" Dink- "Skid Marks"
            Homeport: Pittsburg Ca
            San Francisco Bay/Delta

Comment

Working...
            X