98 Ciera 2855 Interior renovation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

98 Ciera 2855 Interior renovation

I had a lot of fun with this project, did it in the summer in my marina. The interior was your typical rundown 90's bayliner with some horrible upgrades by the previous owner.

I pretty much removed everything, cut everything out, rebuilt the v-birth bed on an angle to fit a larger couch and relocated the fridge underneath the v-birth. Replaced all the carpeting, put vinyl plank flooring, new couch ( i bought it on craigsilst new) , built a custom cabinet on the starboard side, refinished the stairs, rebuilt and rewraped all the trim , all the african burl wood is a vinyl wrap i ordered from japan ( looks really nice in real life) , removed all the wall liner and put white leather texture vinyl with 1/8 foam liner everywhere instead, new faucet, new countertop, new stainless trim on the kitchenette, new induction stovetop, led lights under counter and stairs , i will post some more "during" photos later. I wish I took more "before"

photos though

Before

After

Attached files

1998 Ciera 2855, 7.4L MPI, Harbourfront Toronto, Ontario

After

Attached files

Comment

WoW ! Mad skills as usual
      Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
      93 3058
      92 2855
      91 Fourwinns 205
      Longbranch WA
      Life is Good

Comment

Kitchenette before

Kitchenette after

Comment

How was it done? veneer? 3M wrap?
          Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
          93 3058
          92 2855
          91 Fourwinns 205
          Longbranch WA
          Life is Good

Comment

3M architectural finish wrap. Found a distributor here in Toronto, but they had to get it from japan so it took a few weeks to wait. pretty easy to put it on comparing to vinyl wrapping an entire hull)) Really goes well on all the plastic finish, but was a bit harder putting it on the starboard cabinet and the trim pieces because raw wood is porous and it doesn't go on as well. It still looks good on those pieces, but on the kitchen counters and bathroom door it look amazing.

Comment

That looks fantastic.
              Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
              96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

I am curious about where you put your AC unit? That wrap is really nice.
                David
                http://www.cambridgeadvertising.org
                http://www.davidladewig.com

Comment

i never put AC in it, im thinking of doing that, but not sure which route to take. Whether i can get by with a portable unit or put an actual proper AC.

We do ok with just a fan in the summer for the most part, but i have to admit i want to spend more nights on the boat, because it is awesome to sleep on the boat. so i might go with the proper AC

Comment

That looks AMAZING!! I have always wondered how to do the cabinets in our 3055. Now I do. Do you have a link to the product?

To return the favor do the AC!! It is a weekend project and I have now done it on two boats. Your 1998 may have the cut outs already in place for the AC. Once I started tearing apart my cabin I discovered mine had them. The AC makes a huge difference in comfort level. You may be able to get the pdf on the factory install of the AC on your boat from baylinercustomercare.com.
                    Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
                    1998 3055 Ciera
                    (yes, a 1998)
                    Previous boat: 1993 3055
                    Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
                    Sea Doo XP
                    Sea Doo GTI SE
                    Life is short. Boats are cool.
                    The family that plays together stays together.
                    Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

The product is called 3M DI-Noc Architectural finishes.

http://solutions.3mcanada.ca/wps/por...rior-finishes/

I used 3M Di-NOC Bubinga Gloss

however after the last boat show looking at all the new boats i would may be go with something more subtle, this pattern looks great , but its a little too much in your face, but they have 600 different ones to choose from.

Do not buy it from the internet because it is pretty expensive and you need a lot, so contact 3m for an official dealer in your area and get it from them, much much cheaper than anything online.

Calculate the right amount + 25%

get some cheap vinyl wrap and practice with it, it is not that easy and you will screw up. I learned wrapping when i did my hull, so the cabinets were somewhat easy for me.

make sure the surface is 100% smooth , clean, no contaminants, because they will show.

Good luck!

Comment

Just got the new Lewmar portlights, all the way from Finland So new interior updates are coming.

Comment

These posts make me feel like less of a man.....So impressive

Comment

Very nice. Now this has me scheming on what to do to my 2855. Same model. I like what you have done.

Comment

Where did all the pictures go? there seems to be picture missing in all the threads.

Comment

Working...
                              X