Boat camera with remote view-gctid390139

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat camera with remote view-gctid390139

Hi,I work for a camera company so knew the install would be easy. Plus when I'm on business travel I can peek on the boat. The particular camera I used has two-way audio and a light I can turn on and off. When I'm away from the boat I can play a "canned" warning message based on PIR (Passive infrared) and activate the light. Click this link for what I'm reffering to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVMgXTRxpOgHere are a couple of screenshots:

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/693744=28542-boat cam 1.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/693744=28543-boat cam 2.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/693744=28544-boat cam.jpg[/img]You can record right to the SD card of the camera if you want on a different version (hence, no PC or recording device that always needs to be on). I have high speed internet on my boat and use the service the camera manufacturer offers to maintian the public staic IP address. (Hence, no-ip.com), forthe iPhone/Android app I prefer IPCAMViewer the two-way "live" audio is sweet!It's very discreet on my boat.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/693744=28545-boat cam 4.jpg[/img]Thanks,SteveP.S. MSRP for camera AXIS M1031-W is $279.00 you can also buy it in a 1MP version with or without SD card slot and either PoE or Wireless. It only needs 5 volts DC, I used a device from radio shack to go from 12 VDC to 5 VDC. So even if someone shuts off my shore power it's still on.

Slick!

PS - Did you have any info on the cockpit tv that you installed? I would like to buy the same one - thanks!

Comment

I have one of these on order:

http://www.amazon.com/Grandstream-GX...outdoor+camera

Going to mount it under the RADAR arch. I'll leave it pointed forward for security (have it alert me if it detects motion). My cost on them is about $85, which I can pass on to anyone else who wants one.

Comment

Working...
      X