Raymarine E7D install - done!-gctid386313

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raymarine E7D install - done!-gctid386313

Buying an older boat is fun- lots of projects just waiting to be tackled. Our boat was a repo, so it's been that much more exciting!

I've been using our iPad a primary navigation while on the flybridge, as all the hard mounted electronics are at the lower helm (radar, GPS, depth sounder). It's worked great, except there's been no live depth info; also, the Garmin GPS and Apelco 460 were both from another century (literally!). I really didn't want to mount a standalone electronics suite on the flybridge, either.

So, after much research, poking at screens, and weighing the pros and cons, we decided on the Raymarine E7D. Biggest reason is the wifi interface with iPad/other tablets-I have a fully functional repeater/control that is a 100% emulation of the E7D display. I didn't like the Garmin 740 with the full touchscreen, and Lowrance, Simrad, and Furuno didn't make the cut.

This thing is COOL! Raymarine hit a home run with this unit- easy to use, upgradeable, interfaces easily with NMEA 2K systems, and didn't break the bank. If you're in the market, do consider the new Raymarine E/C series.

Pics shortly....

i hope its a good choice i just picked 1 up but couldnt decide on tm trans or in hull trans for fishing ill probably go in hull, our insurance doesnt like thruhull unless its

brass and they cost as much as the unit what the wi fi range like through the fibreglass bridge

Comment

mick302351 wrote:
      i hope its a good choice i just picked 1 up but couldnt decide on tm trans or in hull trans for fishing ill probably go in hull, our insurance doesnt like thruhull unless its

brass and they cost as much as the unit what the wi fi range like through the fibreglass bridge
      What insurance company is going to dictate what thru hull you use? The shoot thru is easy to install, but if you desire a thru hull, it's your choice..... the low profile brass and plastic thru hulls are pretty inexpensive, and don't need a fairing block.

I have the e7 at the lower helm, and it works perfectly when I have the iPad on the flybridge. I believe you will enjoy the unit.

Where are you located at?

Comment

where in melbourne Australia

Comment

Got it. I think it's a great time to call your insurer and find out if the policy actually has stipulations regarding the thru-hull....and why. I'd make them show you specifics...

That being said, I do like the performance of the P-79 shoot thru I installed.....

Comment

Photos please
            James
            Kai Nani, Redondo Beach, CA
            1989 MY 3288
            Hino 150hp with Hurth 630A Trannies

Comment

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/690765=28308-photo 3.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/690765=28309-photo 2.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/690765=28310-photo 1.JPG[/img]I just installed the E7d and loaded the Navionics Platnum Lakes West & Vancouver Coastal....tied it all together with HD color radar and new VHF...this system is wicked cool!My next project is to pick up the MercMonitor and tie it into my E7d which will give me engine & fuel data....

Comment

mercmonitor i want to know more sounds like a great way to monitor everything just cant wait to use mine

shame its to cold to even look at the water atm in australia

Comment

Working...
                X