Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMistress
    replied
    Many thanks Norton Rider! Great information.

Leave a comment:

• Norton_Rider
    replied
    Here is some additional information on grounding, neutral and ground, etc:

http://newboatbuilders.com/pages/ele...y14_print.html

Leave a comment:

• aspen1880
    replied
    "Norton Rider" post=704245 wrote:
    I assume that this is a household appliance. Most household AC appliances have the grounding wire (green) and neutral (white) wire connected together. That connection should be separated if the appliance is used on a boat. The ground and neutral should not be connected together on a boat, the exception being when a boat uses an isolation transformer instead of a galvanic isolator. Bayliners typically use a galvanic isolator.
    wow. I did not know that. boc rocks!

Leave a comment:

• Norton_Rider
    replied
    I assume that this is a household appliance. Most household AC appliances have the grounding wire (green) and neutral (white) wire connected together. That connection should be separated if the appliance is used on a boat. The ground and neutral should not be connected together on a boat, the exception being when a boat uses an isolation transformer instead of a galvanic isolator. Bayliners typically use a galvanic isolator.

Leave a comment:

• JMistress
    replied
    One more picture.

Leave a comment:

• JMistress
    replied
    third attempt at adding pictures...

Leave a comment:

• JMistress
    replied
    I have been singularly unsuccessful in attempting to load the pictures. It appears I have attached the photo files when I send the message, but nothing shows up on the site.

I will search for a photo attachment training thread. Check back, hopefully I will finally "get it"

Leave a comment:

• PuraVidaTN
    replied
    Great I know that I for one would like to see pictures.

Leave a comment:

• JMistress
    started a topic 4788 installation of a vented dryer-gctid704040

4788 installation of a vented dryer-gctid704040

I recently completed an installation of a new vented whirlpool dryer in the bunkroom closet.

We retained the splendide washer/dryer for the wash function. I am trying to attach photos of the project.
Working...
X