4788 installation of a vented dryer-gctid704040

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4788 installation of a vented dryer-gctid704040

I recently completed an installation of a new vented whirlpool dryer in the bunkroom closet.

We retained the splendide washer/dryer for the wash function. I am trying to attach photos of the project.

Great I know that I for one would like to see pictures.
    PuraVidaTN
    2008 490 Pilothouse
    Proud member of the Vol Navy

Comment

I have been singularly unsuccessful in attempting to load the pictures. It appears I have attached the photo files when I send the message, but nothing shows up on the site.

I will search for a photo attachment training thread. Check back, hopefully I will finally "get it"

Comment

third attempt at adding pictures...

Comment

One more picture.

Comment

I assume that this is a household appliance. Most household AC appliances have the grounding wire (green) and neutral (white) wire connected together. That connection should be separated if the appliance is used on a boat. The ground and neutral should not be connected together on a boat, the exception being when a boat uses an isolation transformer instead of a galvanic isolator. Bayliners typically use a galvanic isolator.
            1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
            2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
            Anacortes, WA

Comment

"Norton Rider" post=704245 wrote:
              I assume that this is a household appliance. Most household AC appliances have the grounding wire (green) and neutral (white) wire connected together. That connection should be separated if the appliance is used on a boat. The ground and neutral should not be connected together on a boat, the exception being when a boat uses an isolation transformer instead of a galvanic isolator. Bayliners typically use a galvanic isolator.
              wow. I did not know that. boc rocks!
              Novurania 335DL. 30HP. WKRP in cincinnati. Previously: Bayliner 3818 in PNW.

Comment

Here is some additional information on grounding, neutral and ground, etc:

http://newboatbuilders.com/pages/ele...y14_print.html
                1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
                2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
                Anacortes, WA

Comment

Many thanks Norton Rider! Great information.

Comment

Working...
                  X