No announcement yet.

2859 owners - Hull -- pods extentions-gctid688221

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the nice comments, to answer the first question I made partial molds of the aft bottom of the hull ( beginning picture ) the rest was just flat sheets of fiberglass preformed on a steel table and then sectioned together. Yes I could make a mold of the pods , but it is time consuming. Now to the nonskid in this case, I cheated on the plug a area was taped of in the pattern desired and after sanding Gel coat is applied and with a small foam paint roller going in one direction a textured surface was created, then after curing and the tape removed and all cleaned up the plug has wax applied 5 coats and 2 of PVA after drying black tooling and the fiberglass lay up to create the mold. ( Pictures of swim step in black) , from that the 3 section platform was build, center section removable to work on the drive. hmy:
    Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
    96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Has it effected slow speed turning due to the transom being 2 feet or so past the drive point?

I have seen boats here where the outboard sits in a well about 1/3 of the way forward. or even in the front 1/3. always wondered how they handled

Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

Comment

I have not found any problems turning, backing up with a Bravo II has always crabbed and on windy days shocked me at times. :woohoo: But going to solve that for next summer, have a Bravo III X 220 ratio sitting in a box to be installed this winter, I am going from one project to the next. :lol:

Comment

What about working on the outdrive! A little tight? :huh:

Comment

No not at all, better than OEM , I fabricated the swim platform in three sections the outside once are permanently bonded to the pods but the center section has a lip on the right and left and held in place with 4 bolts.

Comment

Rob a picture that you can see the seam.

Still looking for a better picture. hmy:

Comment

With the permanent bonding of the swim deck to the pods do you have a plan if the pumps fail or hose needing to be replaced?

Or are you like me and know my work will outlast me
                Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

Comment

Almost Christmas and a happy one to you. No 2 would be nice, but yes I need to build hatches probably with twist lock of some sort on the corners and double gaskets to seal it up totally, there is a bilge pump in each pod so that's not my work just a another manufacture, but as projects go, repowering to diesel tock over priority's you understand I bet. time to go the Admiral will kill me if I don't get home. Have a Bubbly for me Fritz :P

Comment

The work Fritz does is very very nice and very professional and I'm sure the new engine install will be top notch, too.

Fritz and I run together in Alaska the summer of 2014 and he really needs the new engine .

Fritz keep up the good work and keep the bubblie to the U, see you soon I hope.

Skeeter B)

Comment

Yes I will to the U thanks Skeeter. :P :P :P

Comment

wow, this is impressive mod.

Comment

What changes did you see performance wise?
                          2001 2859 DREAMER
                          Bohemia River Maryland

Comment

Performance has not changed that I have noticed just it sits higher, now working on an engine swap that will change things.

Comment

Working...
                            X