Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 Bayliner Capri Rebuild-gctid662014

Hello Everyone!

Last summer I purchased a beat up 1987 Bayliner Capri 1700. I knew she was a project so over the past 12 months I spent as much time as possible (first child born in November) getting her rebuilt. I had never rebuilt a boat before and knew this was going to be a major learning experience. The Capri was taken down to bare fiberglass (rotted stringers and plywood, rusted out fuel tank, shot electrical, etc) and rebuilt from scratch.

I wanted to post this gallery to give others some hope, and a guide when facing the same challenge. The entire process was a TON of work and at times felt like it would never end. Looking back it was one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. If anyone has questions I'm here to help!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127863...57655284113035

Cheers!

Andrew

Attached files

Wow, what a great set of photos (to all other readers, recommend going to the Flickr link).

You weren't kidding when you said it was beat up. There was a lot of rotten wood in there.

Are you putting the Force 85 back on?

Comment

Thanks for the kind words! I decided to ditch the Force. It had an 85 with a bad starter and lower unit. Repowered with a 2001 Johnson 90. She was just installed earlier this week

I have one last set of pictures to upload which include the new upholstery, rubrail, and nav lights. I will get then up with a few shots of her in the water for the 4th!

Comment

Nice job so far can't wait to see final pics. I just started rebuild a few weeks ago on 87 2150 Capri BR can't wait to get it done. Good luck and keep up the good work.

Comment

Nice job! I would like to hear more about your re-power and see the final pics. Where did you get your motor, and how hard was it to install? And, I assume you had to do new controls and wiring too? I am researching doing a re-power on my 1983 1600 Capri and replace the Force as well. Thx!

Comment

What size of plywood did you use have an 86 Bayliner 1750 Capri bow rider I am redoing the floor in it

Comment

Working...
            X