Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 Bayliner Capri Rebuild-gctid662014

Hello Everyone!

Last summer I purchased a beat up 1987 Bayliner Capri 1700. I knew she was a project so over the past 12 months I spent as much time as possible (first child born in November) getting her rebuilt. I had never rebuilt a boat before and knew this was going to be a major learning experience. The Capri was taken down to bare fiberglass (rotted stringers and plywood, rusted out fuel tank, shot electrical, etc) and rebuilt from scratch.

I wanted to post this gallery to give others some hope, and a guide when facing the same challenge. The entire process was a TON of work and at times felt like it would never end. Looking back it was one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. If anyone has questions I'm here to help!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127863...57655284113035

Cheers!

Andrew

Attached files

Wow, what a great set of photos (to all other readers, recommend going to the Flickr link).

You weren't kidding when you said it was beat up. There was a lot of rotten wood in there.

Are you putting the Force 85 back on?

Comment

Thanks for the kind words! I decided to ditch the Force. It had an 85 with a bad starter and lower unit. Repowered with a 2001 Johnson 90. She was just installed earlier this week

I have one last set of pictures to upload which include the new upholstery, rubrail, and nav lights. I will get then up with a few shots of her in the water for the 4th!

Comment

Nice job so far can't wait to see final pics. I just started rebuild a few weeks ago on 87 2150 Capri BR can't wait to get it done. Good luck and keep up the good work.

Comment

Nice job! I would like to hear more about your re-power and see the final pics. Where did you get your motor, and how hard was it to install? And, I assume you had to do new controls and wiring too? I am researching doing a re-power on my 1983 1600 Capri and replace the Force as well. Thx!

Comment

What size of plywood did you use have an 86 Bayliner 1750 Capri bow rider I am redoing the floor in it

Comment

I know this is an older thread, but dang. I just found this and looked through all of the pictures. Very impressive work! You did a great job. The talent that some of you have is ridiculous. The boat looks great!

Comment

Great job on you restoration. Brings back lots of memories for me of my resto. You and your family will create lots of great memories of you own in that bayliner.

Comment

Working...
                X