No announcement yet.

Swimplatforms.com install-gctid604952

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great add on. You will use it everyday! Nice!
    Craig & Vicki
    and Sally Sue & Lucy Lou
    1994 4788 "Treading Water" Dink- "Skid Marks"
    Homeport: Pittsburg Ca
    San Francisco Bay/Delta

Comment

They look great! - I have one going on my 3055 next week - How fortunate was I when I contacted swimplatforms.com they send me a very details quote and right at the bottom suggested I contact Stern First in Sydney (I am in Brisbane Aus), as they have been given the distributorship in Australia - they had one on the shelf for my boat!! I don't have to wait 3 months to get it.. it's overnight! Still cost me nearly $5K ! ($2K in the US) but worth it I think..
      2000 Bayliner 3055 Ciera
      "Summerized"
      MMSI 503024850
      Volvo Penta D3-220's DPS DuoProps (2018)
      RQYS Manly QLD

Comment

Looks Great !

What an enhancement !

Thanks for sharing
        '89- 3288......"Weather's Here ... Wish you were Fine"

Comment

The quality of these platforms is fantastic !!!! - Mine goes on today, I'll post pics too...
          2000 Bayliner 3055 Ciera
          "Summerized"
          MMSI 503024850
          RQYS Manly QLD

Comment

"ozhummer" post=660654 wrote:
            They look great! - I have one going on my 3055 next week - How fortunate was I when I contacted swimplatforms.com they send me a very details quote and right at the bottom suggested I contact Stern First in Sydney (I am in Brisbane Aus), as they have been given the distributorship in Australia - they had one on the shelf for my boat!! I don't have to wait 3 months to get it.. it's overnight! Still cost me nearly $5K ! ($2K in the US) but worth it I think..
            Hi Ozhummer

I think you will find it would have been around 5k anyway from the US. Min 1k US to ship (incl crate with internationally recognized timber), GST and import duties, let alone the 75c to US dollar conversion... it all adds up. I installed mine a few weeks back, dont know why i didnt do it when i first got the boat. Well made product, a must for any SB owner as the factory deck is so small.
            2005 285SB. Couple mods, large stereo, lots of batteries, extended platform with Staple with BBQ and tender. Underwater LED's, enhanced lighting... penned in Pier21 on airberth.

Comment

Boat looks great with the swim platform, you'll really love it on the water. It was one of the best things I've added to my 2150 as well. I also went with swimplatforms.com and couldn't have been happier.

Comment

"peachypete82" post=665610 wrote:
                Hi Ozhummer

I think you will find it would have been around 5k anyway from the US. Min 1k US to ship (incl crate with internationally recognized timber), GST and import duties, let alone the 75c to US dollar conversion... it all adds up. I installed mine a few weeks back, dont know why i didnt do it when i first got the boat. Well made product, a must for any SB owner as the factory deck is so small.
                I did the sums at the time and it was going to be over 6K with exchange rate, freight, GST and so on ... I'm very pleased at finding one here!!!!..
                2000 Bayliner 3055 Ciera
                "Summerized"
                MMSI 503024850
                RQYS Manly QLD

Comment

OK - First Pic of mine.. Still not completely on, stays, rails etc to finish tomorrow ... but look at the difference ...

This is by far the best addition I have made to my boat - there is enough room to make babies out there now ... (although I'm too old for that !)

2000 Bayliner 3055 Ciera
                  "Summerized"
                  MMSI 503024850
                  RQYS Manly QLD

Comment

"ozhummer" post=665711 wrote:
                    "peachypete82" post=665610 wrote:
                    Hi Ozhummer

I did the sums at the time and it was going to be over 6K with exchange rate, freight, GST and so on ... I'm very pleased at finding one here!!!!..
                    And mitch is a easy person to work with as well.. highly reccomend Sternfirst and the product
                    2005 285SB. Couple mods, large stereo, lots of batteries, extended platform with Staple with BBQ and tender. Underwater LED's, enhanced lighting... penned in Pier21 on airberth.

Comment

My platform is on and finished - It's awesome, easily the best addition I have made to the boat.

2000 Bayliner 3055 Ciera
                      "Summerized"
                      MMSI 503024850
                      RQYS Manly QLD

Comment

That looks right comfortable'
                        73 years young and married. Retired 18 years as Automotive Mtc Spvr for a major airport.
                        Now I RV wherever and whenever I can afford to. When local, I intend to have my boat along also.

1999 Bayliner 2855
                        7.4 Mercruiser

Comment

Vetfeva2: Nice job! Our '85 285SB sure needed a bigger swim platform. I noticed that your ladder is now on top (where it belongs) and we have had many complaints from guests about the lower mounted ladder on our 325. We have gotten used to "finding the ladder steps by feeling with the toe" but most of our guests have diffaculty especially going down. I did write Bayliner about this when our boat was new and they said that it was a decision to mount the ladder in that way to keep expenses down. Wishing you the best with that fine new swim platform. Griff

Comment

I just ordered my swimplatform for my 2855. Can't wait!

Comment

Just bought one of the Swimplatforms.com units for our 2855. Fitting it this coming Saturday. Has anyone used the stainless stays as mounting points for underwater lighting?

Also anyone that installed their own, how do you get to the nuts along the back edge?

Comment

Saw this pop up, it happens I too am shopping for a swim platform extension for our 2000 2855 ST Ciera, I wish I had done it years ago, HOWEVER my issue and one to think about on any 2855 is the ST vs SU Hull series, 1994-2000 ST Hull (MID) was one hull and 2000 on SU Hull it CHANGED, so the issue is about a full foot of missing real estate from Swim Platforms .com (The one with the Blue Oval Logo) Let me explain,

If you have the ST hull, (1994-mid 2000) you get a much smaller older design, a foot shorter extension,not near as sleek and sexy, heavier, clunkier platform, than if you have a mid production 2000 and later 2855, understand ? So if you carefully study the online pictures, you will see what I mean when you compare the two, the issue is apparently the integral swim platform shape is different between the early ST Hulls and the later SU Hulls.

The picture of the boat that started this post, has the "Old Style" platform, as I say it is about a foot shorter extension than the new style, as well the new style is the "Wedge" platform, which looks far better. So for me I am not going to be robbed of 1 foot of precious real estate at my stern. REMBERING they cost the same !!! The issue is the mold was made early in 1994 to produce these platforms, then at the Bayliner change from the ST to SU Hull design in mid 2000, a new mold had to be fabricated for a totally new platform, it is bigger and more stylish. Not fair, the issue is why update or make a new mold for a hull they quit making 15 years ago, and as these boats go out of service there is less demand for platforms for them.

So if you have the early 2855 hull, you get the old outdated mold produced platform, to me that's akin to replacing the fender on a Corvette with one from a Model T Ford.

If I spend the money, time and effort, I want the larger modern platform. So this is the ordering holdup for me. I am working with 3 companies trying to sort it out, if considering one for the 2855 1994 to EARLY 2000 production, I would sure look at all the specs and the styles offered for LATER boats, like the "Wedge" "Elite" vs just the outdated "Classic" offered for the early 2855's, I am open to suggestions or help, as well note the older style has a huge 6 inch lip all the way around, to catch and drag water, this has been eliminated on all new modern design platforms.

A foot is a foot is a foot, and maybe to some it's not an issue, but I suspect Most if like me, when in the boat showroom looking at stock and the 20 foot was the same price as the 22 foot, which one would you buy ? I thought so.

Another big issue is the rear, center ladder pocket, since I carry a tender on my present stern (Walker Bay 10) on Weaver Davits, this will move to the rear of the new platform, the new design platforms, the ladder can be ANYWHERE you want around the whole platform, thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X