Swimplatforms.com install-gctid604952

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swimplatforms.com install-gctid604952

Not sure how many of you out there have added a swimplatform but I recently did (this weekend). The wife saw a boat like ours ('94 2855) that had one installed. That was it, she had to have one. Not only for the safety of the kids getting on and off the boat but the ability to hang out on it. We purchased one from swimplatforms.com (with an "S" on platforms, it makes a difference). I must say that they build quality was MUCH nicer than I was anticipating. The install was a lot of fun, especially the bolts all the way towards the aft but with small kids, it was accomplished. she fitted up very well and the mold seems to be pretty darn exact. Can't wait to get her back on the water now.

Nothing like adding extra real estate to the rear. Makes a huge difference. Looks great.
    Cheers, Hans
    2007 Carver 41 CMY
    Twin Volvo D6-370
    Montreal, Canada
    Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

After looking at the before pic, I agree with your wife, it had to be done!

And it looks good, looks like it should have been done that way from the factory.

Comment

Looks really good and that company is great to do business with. Is that the original canvas on that boat?
        David
        http://www.cambridgeadvertising.org
        http://www.davidladewig.com

Comment

Looks great. I was thinking about it for my 175 Bowrider. I will check out the website. Thanks for the pics it came out great.

Comment

Very nice upgrade! Have been thinking of adding one myself, but boat is stored 2 hrs away and no access till april.
            Jim, Central pa, '98 2452

Comment

That looks great .. I have a 96 2855 my girlfriend wants one bad... Question

How much did that cost if you don't mind me asking ?

Comment

Waaaaah!

Can I switch wives?

Mine thinks its money poorly spent.

I'm jealous (about the platform; I was just kidding about the wives).

Waaaaah!
                Simo
                2002 2855 350MPI Bravo III on Lake Champlain

Comment

Looks awesome, beautiful 94 2855!
                  1999 3055, 5.0L, Bravo 2

Comment

"Four Pyrates" post=604966 wrote:
                    Looks really good and that company is great to do business with. Is that the original canvas on that boat?
                    Yes sir. This is the original canvas. She has been under covered storage her entire life.

Thanks guys.

Comment

"bay1" post=604974 wrote:
                      That looks great .. I have a 96 2855 my girlfriend wants one bad... Question

How much did that cost if you don't mind me asking ?
                      Here is the quote that they gave me:

"Our Bayliner 2855 Ciera Swim Platform package is $1795.00.

This includes all stainless steel mounting hardware, ladder, oval ports, rubber molding and

installation guidelines."

This though does not include shipping. I looked at a couple different ones but this was the one that best matched the contour of the boat in a way that it compliments rather than looking like it was simple stuck on or "ADDED" if that makes sense. I thought it was a competitive price.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

wow! Quite the upgrade, I like it!
                          Past Commander, Seymour Power and Sail Squadron
                          Current instructor North Shore Power and Sail Squadron
                          Vice Commodore BYC

Comment

Very nice, I need to do something with mine on the 38 but haven't decided which way to go I'am leaning towards having one fabricated with aluminium but not sure how that would look, I don't think aluminium would go with the design of a 38 even if it has a Atlantic Towers arch.
                            Capt. Ron.
                            "I will not tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death"
                            "Never Trade Luck For Skill"
                            1987 3870 - Northern Lights ll
                            Hino EH700
                            Westerbeke 8.0
                            1999 Logic Marine 17' CC/50 Merc.
                            on Louisiana pool Mississippi River.

Comment

They do look good and are awesome to hang out on. I have had 6 people easy on the back of mine during a day of being tied up and playing in the water. Not the best of picures but you can see the length of it. I wish they had the new bracketery available when mine was put on. It looks alot cleaner than than individual stablizing bars as mine has.

Comment

Working...
                              X