32xx Changed to LED lights without changing the fixture-gctid366294

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32xx Changed to LED lights without changing the fixture-gctid366294

This may work for most of you so if you are interested in changing to LED lighting to consume less amps and get more out of your batteries then here you go. I changed all my interior lights to LED by changing the bulbs. I paid $2.84 per bulb so its cheap to do. I have the round light fixture in the galley, head and master berth which I did not take a picture of but i changed those bulbs to the LED panel as well. I also painted the salon overhead square lights an almond/off white color to match the ceiling. I also changed the spot lights (bulb size BA15S) to a LED bulb for $2.45 each. The flat panel LED bulb comes with three different types of connectors and have double sided adhesive so you can plug and stick. They work great and look good.http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-SMD-5050-...ht_3664wt_1108http://www.ebay.com/itm/Light-Panel-...ht_3376wt_1141Sorry but I cant get the photos to rotate

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/669540=25895-LED3.JPG[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/669540=25897-LED5.JPG[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/669540=25894-LED2.JPG[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/669540=25893-LED1.JPG[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/669540=25896-LED4.JPG[/img]
    James
    Kai Nani, Redondo Beach, CA
    1989 MY 3288
    Hino 150hp with Hurth 630A Trannies

Thanks for the info....... I need to do that.

BUCKANEER

:arr

Comment

UPDATE !

Went on E Bay and have a bunch coming... Sure was a good price :greedy_dollars:

BUCKANEER

Comment

Great find... I just ordered some.
        Greg A.
        1994 4788
        "Simplicity"
        2002 Capri 175
        "Little GFI"
        Boat on the Sac/San Joaquin Delta

Comment

I did notice when I installed them that 2 of mine were wired incorrectly so I unplugged the little black connector and switched it around and it worked fine. Plug it in first to make sure they work before using the adhesive. Just an FYI. And if it doesn't work just email the seller and they will send out new LED's. Good customer service.
          James
          Kai Nani, Redondo Beach, CA
          1989 MY 3288
          Hino 150hp with Hurth 630A Trannies

Comment

I ordered the bulbs. Hope I can figure out the installation. I havent taken my lights apart to see what is inside.

Comment

Was gonna order a set for me and a set for a bud - but shipping to Canada = $46.

bummer...

Comment

Was gonna order a set for me and a set for a bud - but shipping to Canada = $46.
                Keep looking around on eBay. There are many sellers that don't have any upcharge to ship to Canada. I have had LED shipped from Hong Kong, Mainland China and Taiwan to Surrey BC and my mailbox in Blaine and have not had an issue with either. If the shipping is the same or even slightly more I ship to my home (Surrey) address.

A bit of an aside, but excessive shipping charges or no shipping to Canada "policies" of some eBay sellers is a pet peeve of mine.

Comment

WOW! Got them yesterday in the mail.... Comes fast from China

All look good, now need to wait a bit to try them... it's 26 out.. Did winter come back??? :drama

BUCKANEER

Comment

Just ordered them for myne as well..cant wait to get them installed , looks great !

Comment

I ordered a bunch They did not all arrive at the same time and I am short 1, however with that said what a cool, easy, and CHEAP upgrade

Comment

Working...
                      X