3288 Engine louvres-gctid512159

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3288 Engine louvres-gctid512159

My 3288 engine louvres have suffered quite badly and I spent quite a time working out how best to restore them. Eventually I settled on replacements made from stock aluminium tube and King Starboard. So if there is more damage they can quite easily be re-built. I have attached a few pics to show the general idea

Attached files

very nice - just curious what the dims are for the rectangular tubing, and how you finished the ends??
    Past Commander, Seymour Power and Sail Squadron
    Current instructor North Shore Power and Sail Squadron
    Vice Commodore BYC

Comment

The ali tube is 15mm square anodised. I thought this was sufficient protection for salt water but we shall see. You are right to pick up on the ends though - these were a bit of a headache! Obviously raw ali is exposed when you cut the tube at the required 45 degree angle. I thought about making plastic plugs but in the end I settled on a piece of anodised flat ali spanning each end (across all 4 tube ends) which I clear silconed on making sure the silicon covered all cut surfaces. So far no corrosion problems!

Comment

Nice! My 3270 look cheap but are in good shape I would like to remake them anyway,

Comment

Great Idea..... thank you for sharing!

Comment

Working...
          X