No announcement yet.

1988 2655 Ciera Sunbridge-gctid360896

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I woke up a 6am today...lol....finish my honey do list at 4pm and them from 4pm to 10pm I did some more work on my "little project"

Comment

Comment

Well got a little bit done today..... tomorrow if the weather permits I gonna start working on the top of the cabinet and top edges....and first one done 2 more to go.....

Stay tuned for the rest of the project......

Comment

Are you trying to remove the old laminate with a grinder? I can't really tell from your pics. If that's that your doing, try a heat gun and a putty knife. Pops right off when the glue gets hot.

Comment

Speakrdude wrote:
            Are you trying to remove the old laminate with a grinder? I can't really tell from your pics. If that's that your doing, try a heat gun and a putty knife. Pops right off when the glue gets hot.
            O tried with heating gun putty knife and chisel, torch putty knife and chizel.

The best resoults I got so far was grind 90% off, with out break trouth to the wood n them belt sander.

Way faster too.

If u notice on the triangule pieces had some gray patches was when I pulling the Formica off n some piece of the wood came with it so I stop with the heat plus tools

Comment

Maybe I should try the grinder approach next time.

Comment

Speakrdude wrote:
                Maybe I should try the grinder approach next time.
                do u know the "dark brown" in the back of the formica? try to stop there when u are grinding the belt sander can clean that very easy in a couple minutes.....

PS: make sure u wear a mask that dust it's not the greast for you.....and if u need any help please be welcome.....

Comment

Looks like a great project! Keep us posted and keep taking those pictures. I found that taking lots of photos was great for reference, and also motivation by seeing just how far you have come.

Comment

Well today the day was very cold so I decided to atack the floor

I had to replace a piece of the sub floor because was rotten.....

And I had an accident.....the lock of my circular saw broke and my blade went down in to the water tank bellow..... I really got angry about it...... and the circular saw took a "flight" and a ugly landing.....them to LOWES I go to get a new saw and one of those "vibrating cutting tools" what a beautifull tool to do tight spaces.....

used the new tools to finish the cut but my mood was over to play in the boat.....

Even though my boat is with a dehumidifier for the last 2 weeks steady under the subfloor was still wet....

Comment

I have been very busy with my grandmother very sick in the hospital, my wife hurt her back moving furniture even that I asked her to not do that but she is very stub urn...and the weather is being a disaster.....so I cant keep going on my cabinets minimum 15 celsius for the glue to work properly I try to work colder than that and I got a ugly bubble in the middle of the formica....

But not just bad news tonight I had time 2 hours for me and my little project. Enough time to get my new plywood, screws, fiberglass, etc to keep going....

So I clean the tank, sand the surface, got it fixed at least I hope it is.

Nice new coat of resin and fiber in the old subfloor.to use as a base for my new subfloor.

So here a few pictures or my progress

Comment

the piece that goes under the stairs fit like a glove and got 2 coats of resin and fiberglass.....

hopefully tomorrow I can get a few more hours to play in the boat....

Comment

That is coming along GREAT -- it is niec to watch your progress - also means tha I have more work to do.

Comment

Comment

Well got all the sub floor down...screw down....2 coats of the resin and fiber glass.

No way I could do a good hardwood floor on my boat with the previous floor was like a roller coaster....how is straight like an arrow.

The edges still need a L shape fiber glass and resin to prevent any water to seep in the subfloor.

Comment

today I got a couple more hours to dedicate do my project and i got a little more accomplished

Got my cabinet almost finished just need to stain and seal the edges and that's done.

Comment

Working...
                                X