Our New Bayliner Element-gctid480098

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our New Bayliner Element-gctid480098

I picked up our new element last Friday. We got the sport package with every option and so far we love it. We had it out Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It is very spacious for my family which includes my wife, 4 year old boy and 6 year old girl, we are anxious to take more people out to see how many we can comfortably fit. The boat gets on plane very fast and we had it up to 33 mph which seems plenty fast. We had it out on Lake Minnetonka in MN on a windy day and the water was pretty rough but I thought it handled it very well. The boat stays almost completely flat in turns and was very fun to drive. My only complaint is that the drivers backrest is a little far back for me, I am 5-10. However it did make it easy for the kids to sit in front of me and drive. Overall it has exceeded my expectations. I have some video I will try and upload later. Thanks for everyone's previous posts regarding the boat.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/784615=38023-2013-06-02 16.12.07.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/784615=38024-2013-06-02 16.09.08.jpg[/img]

Sweet! Congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats on the new boat...now all the fun begins

Comment

Congrats... You can get a seat slide for the helm... Probably raise your seat about one inch overall but can set it up to slide forward and back to accommodate the driver...

For now, you can place a throwable seat cushion behind you... In fact, tie a 15-20 ft throw line to it in case you need to retrieve someone from the water...
        Doug ;}
        MMSI: 338068776
        "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

Excellent congrats . want to see and hear about it.

Comment

Go Aweigh2452 wrote:
            Congrats... You can get a seat slide for the helm... Probably raise your seat about one inch overall but can set it up to slide forward and back to accommodate the driver...

For now, you can place a throwable seat cushion behind you... In fact, tie a 15-20 ft throw line to it in case you need to retrieve someone from the water...
            I don't think this will work on the element, the seats are molded into the hull. A cushion would probably work though.

Comment

Good stuff. And great photos. Good to see happy faces.

Comment

Great smiles! Here's to many many more.
                Ted G
                81 2555 Saratoga Sun Bridge
                5.7 Volvo 290 DP OD
                (soon 4 sale)

86 2850 Contessa
                Mercury 350 Mag
                290 Volvo DP

Comment

as adorable as your kids are, I think we would all like to see some more pictures of the boat.....

Comment

Congrats on the new boat!! I am out on Lake Minnetonka at least once a week (ideally more!) in my 180, maybe I will see you out there. Stay away from the Lower Lake and Crystal Bay on the weekends, the big boat wakes get totally out of hand. The Upper Lake area is more interesting anyway. My favorite day is Monday starting as early as possible when all the regulars are safely tucked back away at work.

Have fun!

Comment

whitey382 wrote:
                      as adorable as your kids are, I think we would all like to see some more pictures of the boat.....
                      yes

Comment

blovela wrote:
                        I have some video I will try and upload later. Thanks for everyone's previous posts regarding the boat.

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg&#91;/img]

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg&#91;/img]
                        Sweet. Congrats. Can't wait to see the video.It really does look like a fun boat.
                        2003 Bayliner 305 - SOLD!
                        Twin 5.7L, Carb'd, 445 hours
                        Bravo II drives
                        Closed-cooling

Comment

awhite4 wrote:
                          Congrats on the new boat!! I am out on Lake Minnetonka at least once a week (ideally more!) in my 180, maybe I will see you out there. Stay away from the Lower Lake and Crystal Bay on the weekends, the big boat wakes get totally out of hand. The Upper Lake area is more interesting anyway. My favorite day is Monday starting as early as possible when all the regulars are safely tucked back away at work.

Have fun!
                          Wow, small world. Thanks for the advice on where to boat, it would be fund to get out there with less traffic and calmer water. Where do you put your boat in?

Comment

Here is a video,

http://youtu.be/2PifwaTMXiE

Comment

Working...
                            X