G(39)day from Down Under-gctid463585

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G(39)day from Down Under-gctid463585

Hi all, I'm new to boating and have recently purchased a 2002 175 Capri which is fantastic. The 4 of us (lovely wife, 14 yo daughter and 9 yo son) have only been out the once but had an absolute ball on Moreton Bay. I've attempted to attach a couple of photos - hope they work.

We had so much fun even the unintentional propeller remodelling 100 metres from the ramp on the way back in didn't spoil the day! So I've ordered the Raymarine Dragonfly to go with the new propeller!

I've also taken note of all the fabulous modifications that have been posted on the forum and have already bought smart tabs - just need to put them on now.

Anyway, just wanted to say 'hi' and thanks for this wonderful forum. From an absolute beginner, this forum is a godsend.

Cheers, David

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/768080=36260-image.jpg[/img] [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/768080=36261-image.jpg[/img] [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/768080=36262-image.jpg[/img]

Welcome to the BOC!:arr

If you see a Bayliner 3988 "Sajesar" down there in Moreton Bay, run like hell!

:kidding He's friendly, BOC member PeterW. Tell him I said the beer is free on Sajesar...
    Jeff & Tara
    (And Ginger too)
    Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
    "GetAway"
    Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Welcome aboard !
      Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Welcome mate.

Good to have another Aussie, great to have a Queenslander !!

Comment

Welcome to BOC!

Comment

Jeffw wrote:
            Welcome to the BOC!:arr

If you see a Bayliner 3988 "Sajesar" down there in Moreton Bay, run like hell!

:kidding He's friendly, BOC member PeterW. Tell him I said the beer is free on Sajesar...
            "Free beer" - now you are talking my language!

Comment

Danny wrote:
              Welcome mate.

Hey, Danny, thanks.

What part of Brisbane are you in? We are in the Redlands area. Anyway, might see you out and about.

Cheers

Comment

Welcome to the BOC.....Good to see more friends coming on line from DOWN UNDER.....send pictures ...we ALL love pictures...especially those who are snowbound most of the year:arr

Comment

flashgt200 wrote:
                  Hey, Danny, thanks.

What part of Brisbane are you in? We are in the Redlands area. Anyway, might see you out and about.

Cheers
                  Hi David,

We are in Ormeau.

We mostly use the boat at Maroon Dam for skiing but occasionally run over to Peel Is or Straddie.

Comment

Danny wrote:
                    Welcome mate.

Another Danny as well. Welcome:getsmilie

Comment

Danny wrote:
                      Hi David,

We are in Ormeau.

We mostly use the boat at Maroon Dam for skiing but occasionally run over to Peel Is or Straddie.
                      Cool Danny, will keep my eye out for you.

Cheers, David

Comment

Hi guys, Local to you as well, Stay at Coomera Waters and have a Bayliner 195BR with the 4.3V6 in it, I'm a regular over at Tipplers on Sth Straddy for a day out with the Mrs and 2 kids. Will keep an eye open for you guys.

Comment

BigReidy wrote:
                          Hi guys, Local to you as well, Stay at Coomera Waters and have a Bayliner 195BR with the 4.3V6 in it, I'm a regular over at Tipplers on Sth Straddy for a day out with the Mrs and 2 kids. Will keep an eye open for you guys.
                          Great. I hear Tipplers is well worth it so will certainly get there in the near future. Any other gems?

Cheers, David

Comment

flashgt200 wrote:
                            Great. I hear Tipplers is well worth it so will certainly get there in the near future. Any other gems?

Cheers, David
                            Peel Island is nice, Tangalooma is great but a forecast check is a must before you head over, Lunch at Harrigans just Sth of Jacobs Well boat ramp is nice. Or for relaxing sit with the feet up at Wavebreak Island and watch the world race by !

Comment

BigReidy wrote:
                              Peel Island is nice, Tangalooma is great but a forecast check is a must before you head over, Lunch at Harrigans just Sth of Jacobs Well boat ramp is nice. Or for relaxing sit with the feet up at Wavebreak Island and watch the world race by !
                              Thanks for the tips. Hope to see you on the water.

Comment

Working...
                              X