Replacing fold down seats with swivel seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing fold down seats with swivel seats

I have a 93' Bayliner classic and i am planning on changing the fold down lounge seats with single swivel seats. i am wondering about the extra support that goes from the fold down seat frame to the side of the hull. If i remove the support will this affect the integrity of the hull? Has anyone else did this modification and if so do you have pictures or advice on the procedure? Thanks!

Thats a great question please let me know if you find out. I just bought a 1993 Classic also and am looking for any advice.

Comment

The Capri 212 Sport configuration came standard with swivel seats. I've replaced the worn out unit at the helm. I wouldn't think that you need to do anything special for your conversion. My new seat posts have the slide option; so much easier to get in and out.

Comment

the hull is structurally integrated with everything tabbed in when its built... if it can be unscrewed or unbolted, its not a structural part of the hull.... the fold down seats can be removed without any issues....

NU LIBERTE'
        Salem, OR

1989 Bayliner 2556 Convertible
        5.7 OMC Cobra - 15.5x11 prop
        N2K equipped throughout..
        2014 Ram 3500 crew cab, 6.7 Cummins
        2007 M-3705 SLC weekend warrior, 5th wheel
        '04 Polaris Sportsman 700 -- '05 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
        Heavy Equipment Repair and Specialty Welding

Comment

Working...
        X