How long for delivery? VR4 ordered!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long for delivery? VR4 ordered!

We just custom ordered our VR4 last week! They told us to expect late July/early August delivery. We’re in Austin, Texas. Anyone experience getting a delivery sooner than expected?

When I bought my VR5 in 2017 I had custom ordered mine at my local boat show in early march and at the show BAYLINER had a rep and at the time when the dealer told me 8-10 weeks the rep also confirmed that production was 8-10 weeks but that sales were coming in and so times could changed. My order came in the time that I was told but dealer took a little longer to prep since of course I wasn't the only one who had ordered a boat BUT at the end of the day I got mine one week before my boating seasoned started meaning any sooner and I wouldn't have been able to put it in the water anyways.

I'm sure deliveries for 2021 are affected by 2020 covid. Good Luck and have fun

Comment

• J Breen
      J Breen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! That’s what we were told that Covid has something to do with longer production time. If we don’t get it sooner, ours will be in our hot little hands mid season but here in Austin our boating season is extend it out into the fall. 6 months just seems like a LONG TIME to wait!! But we wanted to order it just the way we wanted it.

congratulations J Breen!! I have a VR4 OB for 5 months now. I loved the boat, but I got one that Union Marine had on their inventory. I gave up the custom order because they told me ~10 weeks at that time. The boat that I got had basically all what I was looking for except by the color. I was interested on the black or blue navy one, but I got the grey hull.

Comment

• J Breen
      J Breen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your feedback! And congrats on your boat. I hope you have been enjoying it. They told you 10 weeks only five months ago?? That would’ve been fast compared to my 7 months they told me!!

It is not so much about the speed of the service itself, as simple luck, since many factors affect the delivery time. I recently also ordered the transportation of a car, and I was initially told to expect it in 2 months. However, I was as doubled as possible when it was delivered in less than a month, which surprised me very much since I just indicated that I need to get this delivery as soon as possible. By the way, I used the service with very pleasant vehicle shipping quotes, which also could not please me, since I saved not only time but also money thanks to them

Comment

We ordered our VR4 on August 6, last date for changes to order is today, Sept 2. boat goes into production week of October 12.
      2022 VR4 115 PRO SX

Comment

A lot depends on where you ordered the vessel. Official deA lot depends on where you ordered the vessel. Official dealers often have direct contact with the manufacturer, so they make orders for the number of requested models. Therefore, we have to wait for the final assembly and further dispatch. Resellers have a specific assortment, so they only have to send the product you selected. A month and a half is a normal delivery time, so you should not worry. Over the years, I have stopped using delivery; it is more convenient for me to transfer boats or cars. And when I moved for the first time, I used the transportation services from https://trace-elliot.co.uk/local-teams-west-end/. Such methods are faster and more reliable, but you can always choose delivery.alers often have direct contact with the manufacturer, so they make orders for the number of requested models. Therefore, we have to wait for the final assembly and further dispatch.

Comment

Originally posted by J Breen View Post
          We just custom ordered our VR4 last week! They told us to expect late July/early August delivery. We’re in Austin, Texas. Anyone experience getting a delivery sooner than expected?
          We are in Washington State and ordered our VR5 last October with a hopefully expectation to get it before this years boating season. They told us March/April. We were surprised when it showed up at the dealership in early January.......so there is hope.

Comment

Working...
          X