1992 Bowrider Classic model 1950 Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1992 Bowrider Classic model 1950 Top

I'm new to the forum, but have seen a lot of good information. Does anyone know what the top is called in the picture below? It will need new straps and fabric, so I'm trying to figure out if I can get replacements or have to have something custom made.

That is a mini-Bimini top. My 2001 Capri 212 Cuddy was missing this when I bought it used. Whish I had it. I ended up buying a Carver 8ft Bimini top and will be installing it soon. I've been watching a lot of Youtube videos by SailRight.com which sells upholstery supplies and equipment with an emphasis on the marine market. Check them out if you are inclined to make you own canvas replacement. For the hardware, I suggest that you search Amazon or GreatLakesSkipper.com.
    Happy boating.

Comment

These people have a relationship with Bayliner..................

https://letastopshop.com/bayliner-bo...nd-enclosures/
      Present Boat- 2018 VR5 4.5/200hp Mercruiser
      Last Boat- 1998 Capri 1950CL 3.0 Mercruiser

Comment

That sort of top is called a convertible top - it attaches to the top of windshield and does NOT having standing room under. A Bimini (more common in most places) does not attach to the windshield and has standing headroom under it. Convertible tops were the standard for many years, especially in places with worse weather (like Seattle where Bayliner was based)

Comment

It is also sometimes referred to as a navy top.

Comment

Working...
          X