Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel leak need help!

Hi all

have a 1996 2002 cuddy trophy. Been a while since used. Was testing out the Merc outboard. Put four gallons of gas in the tank. Seconds later gas started coming out where the boat drains and also coming up into the cuddy under the floorboard. So definite Gas leak in the fuel tank. I’ve a friend who’s a boat mechanic saying that it shouldn’t be an issue cutting into the deck and replacing the lines and tank and then making the fiberglass look good again. Is this the smart way to go? Was thinking of just getting an auxiliary tank onboard however you can only go so far with the gallon size.

What your mechanic suggest is the correct way to replace the fuel tank. Just be glad you don’t have a cruiser that needs a fuel tank replacement.
    1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

Comment

Thank you mike. I’m all new to this. Boating isn’t cheap haha. But I’m learning a lot and can’t wait to get this on the water.

Comment

Plus one. An oscillating tool is your best friend for this.
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        MMSI 367770440

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

I replaced the tank in my 1990 CAPRI,It was not that hard to do.Total process took a few days.If you have basic skills it's a snap.There are few how-to videos on You Tube.I have included some pictures of my old tank and the new.If you would like info on the company that supplied the tank let me know.It is an exact fit.
            Regards Mique

Comment

Originally posted by nick941 View Post
              Thank you mike. I’m all new to this. Boating isn’t cheap haha. But I’m learning a lot and can’t wait to get this on the water.
              It’s the cost of fun😁
              Dave
              Edmonds, WA
              "THE FIX"
              '93 2556
              Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
              Misc. projects thread
              https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Working...
              X