Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VHF Unit and Antenna for VR6 (Cross Posted to Technical and Bowrider Forums)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VHF Unit and Antenna for VR6 (Cross Posted to Technical and Bowrider Forums)

All,

Looking to add a Fixed mount VHF Radio to my new VR6. I'm in Seattle / Puget sound so water can get rough, but never TOO far from shore that I need a massive antenna either... Want to get Radio with integrated GPS (so no need to link to my chartplotter) and looking for a low profile antenna and mounting suggestions... I have the tower, so can use that to help mounting height of small antenna... Any help / suggestions welcomed... Currently thinking of something like this for the Radio Itself (https://www.westmarine.com/buy/stand...50?recordNum=3).

Thanks in advance,

-Will

Great radio. And the $50 rebate makes it a no brainier. I went with the standard horizon hx890b. Plus $50 rebate. It's their latest handheld version with all the features of the fixed mount and then some. Particularly, waypoint and navigation. I'm gonna get a suction cup holder of some kind for it. Just my 2 cents in case you weren't completely sold on a fixed mount.
    2017 Bayliner VR6
    Mercury Verado L4 200hp

Comment

Working...
    X