Reliable parts source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reliable parts source?

I have 1995 Capri 1850 SS that I'm bringing back to life. Is there a reliable source for parts? Dash, gauges, decals and such???

Thanks in advance.

The gauges are Faria and basically off the shelf with a Bayliner logo. By the dash if you are meaning the part that the instruments are mounted in, SomeSailor here can fix that for you. There are a few graphics guys that reproduce the decals, that’s a google. There is no one stop shop, sorry. There’s better news on the power package side of things as long as you can get away from a Force outboard. What all are you looking for?
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

Thanks for your reply!!

Mainly buttons and switches for the dash.

But after today I found i have bigger problems. Since this boat sat for so long (5 yrs) I had a mobile marine mechanic come out today to help get it running. I have a bad starter. There are 2 bolts that mount the starter 1 long and the other short. Well the short one is sheared off and was being held in by a C-clamp. So... in order to get the bolt out the motor will need to be pulled.

The boat is a 1995 Capri 1850 SS Mercruiser 3.0l 4 cyl.

Comment

Well, you have a project. With the motor out you can check the condition of your transom and floorboards. The buttons and switches are all off the shelf. One source is digikey.com
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        MMSI 367770440

Comment

I read a couple post on other forums about this motor and other folks in the same situation. I may give it a shot. If anything... a new starter and C-clamp it like the previous owner just to get motor started. Good news mechanic likes the condition of the block since it had been winterized prior to long term outdoor storage.

Comment

Glad it was winterized before it's storage.

You may not be able to restore it back to it's identical look...…….but all the stuff you need is out there.

As long as there are gauges/switches that fit your dash holes, you can just give it a complete refresh.

That 3.0 engine is very robust and hopefully runs good.

Point 1 - only use marine grade parts on things in the engine bay you replace

Point 2 - replace the impeller on the lower unit....it is toast.
            Present Boat- 2018 VR5 4.5/200hp Mercruiser
            Last Boat- 1998 Capri 1950CL 3.0 Mercruiser

Comment

vr5200:
              Point 1 - I completely agree. (This is my 2nd boat project like this.)

Point 2 - I'm sure it's toast as well. I've changed mine every 2 years in the past. Although the materials now are a little more durable.

Comment

Working...
              X