Newbie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie question

I know the other plastic unit on the stat board side of the boat is the speedo sensor. What is this sensor on the port side? It is not pulled in anywhere and I'm wondering if it could cause any issues? Thanks

That's a transducer for depth/fish finder....it looks to be folded up on swivel mount and should be adjusted down to ride level.....wire should lead thru transom and to where the display is or at least was mounted.
    2008 H210SS Four Winns
    Volvo Penta 5.7 GISX
    Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner
    Brad / Texas Gulf Coast

Comment

• TX H210 SS
      TX H210 SS commented
      Editing a comment
      Likely folded up to facilitate attaching the transom strap to the trailer.

Thanks

Comment

If you still have the head unit I wanted to mention a couple of tips for you regarding that type of transducer.

1) It needs to be adjusted to be in nice, "clean", bubble free water flowing off the lower edge of the boat..
      2. The boat's "attitude" affects this.....making turns and certain trim positions at certain speeds causes the conditions to be less than ideal.....this is normal.
      3) So...…...tweak it so you get proper operation at your normal/average running conditions and don't think it is defective if the readout gives crazy numbers or "drop out" from time to time.
      Present Boat- 2018 VR5 4.5/200hp Mercruiser
      Last Boat- 1998 Capri 1950CL 3.0 Mercruiser

Comment

Working...
      X