Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waterdowg View Post

Yep those were his words. The directions were:
    Run the engine on the muffs to warm up and the special blend of fuel though the system. Once done drain the block and introduce anti-freeze though the muffs until it is seen coming out of the exhaust. Then followed by the disclaimer to have the dealer do it so if something is done wrong you can blame them.
    I had asked if there was a benefit to switch to a Closed System he said no not as far as winterizing the engine goes.
    ah the first time you left out, the part I put in bold print...if you drain the block...that method will work because it eliminates the unknown factor of the thermostat opening or not. Its still easier in my opinion to manually drain first, poke holes, and replace the plugs then fill with AF via the hoses.
    88 Four Winns 200 Horizon 4.3 OMC
    98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
    07 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II

Long Island Sound Region

Comment

Originally posted by 88fourwinns View Post

ah the first time you left out, the part I put in bold print...if you drain the block...that method will work because it eliminates the unknown factor of the thermostat opening or not. Its still easier in my opinion to manually drain first, poke holes, and replace the plugs then fill with AF via the hoses.
      I'm sorry I thought I had typed that. To many thought in my head.
      2016 Bayliner 215 Deck Boat
      Mercruiser 4.3 220 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

2003 SeaRay 176 SRX Bowrider
      Mercruiser 3.0 135 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

1988 Sunbird 170 Bowrider
      Evinrude 88 Special

1970 Salem Skiff 13.5 foot
      1992 Johnson 40HP.

Comment

Working...
      X