1998 1950 Capri Seat Box Subwoofer Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1998 1950 Capri Seat Box Subwoofer Install

I just bought a 1998 Bayliner 1950 Capri BR and have upgraded the stereo and speakers but it still needs a Sub. It seems the perfect place would be in the seat box on passenger (port) side. Can anyone tell me if these are filled with foam and or how to get speaker wire installed without tearing up the carpet?

Weclome to BOC!

I used to have the same boat.

Can you find a sub that uses Bluetooth instead of running wires?
    Present Boat- 2018 VR5 4.5/200hp Mercruiser
    Last Boat- 1998 Capri 1950CL 3.0 Mercruiser

Comment

Vr5200 -. Thanks for the idea I appreciate all and any ideas on this topic and knowledge about the boat. A Bluetooth sub would still need power wires. Do you know about the seat boxes and possibly using them as the subwoofer enclosure? My issue is space, under one rear seat or two trolling batteries and under the other is a container for dry storage items.

Comment

My opinion is that there is no foam in those wooden bases for the driver and passenger seat.
        I don't have any ideas for wiring except to put it up in the bow section under the most forward/center cushion area.
        The people in the bow will certainly feel it!
        Present Boat- 2018 VR5 4.5/200hp Mercruiser
        Last Boat- 1998 Capri 1950CL 3.0 Mercruiser

Comment

I read there is foam in the seat boxes. I think it was a quote from Bayliner. I considered using the space for storage until I read that.
          1998 Capri 1950CL
          3 Liter MerCruiser
          Furuno 1622 Radar, Garmin echoMAP44dv, Garmin 300 AIS receiver, Uniden Cl 2 VHF with Hailer,
          2 batteries with Combiner, Joystick Wakeboard Tower

Comment

There is foam in the boxes, if they are not filled with foam they would have an access door or similar

Comment

Working...
            X