Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build and Delivery Time for New 2019 VR6

Cheers gang. I rarely post, but had some questions
    Anyone have experience ordering a build boat from Bayliner? How long did your take to build, ship, and get to your hitch?

I'm upgrading my 2008 Discovery 195 to a loaded 2019 VR6 with the 250 4.5l with the Bravo 3, tower, head, lighting packages, 7" glass system monitor, etc. And I wanted the gray full hull paint. Like buying a car, getting EXACTLY what you want usually requires a special order and wait time. These are not generally sitting around the boatyard exactly the way you want them waiting for walk-in purchases, so I essentially had to order it, get a production slot from B/L, and...then cross my legs and wait...

I purchased 5/9 and it was scheduled to start production 5/13. On 5/23 it was still showing as "In Production," but when the dealer checked 5/28, it showed as completed and waiting to ship. As of Friday 5/31, it was still waiting to ship.

So - any experience on how long this part of the process takes? It's eventually going to ship to a dealer in Delaware. Then they will install the aftermarket dual battery set up and I'll take delivery but...you know - I can smell the salt air and want to get on her soon!

Sail Safe!!

Boat are shipped in full truckloads so unless your dealer ordered other boats to fill out the load, your boat will wait for other boats shipping to Mid Atlantic/NE dealers.

Comment

Your truck should fill up pretty soon. This is an active part of the year. I know it is tough to wait.

Be sure to go line by line and compare the boat to what you special ordered.

I refused my first one because it was not optioned to my specifications.

A second one was ordered and I had it about 6 weeks later.

I am glad I waited for my "perfectly" equipped boat.
      Present Boat- 2018 VR5 4.5/200hp Mercruiser
      Last Boat- 1998 Capri 1950CL 3.0 Mercruiser

Comment

Thanks for the response - that's what I was assuming (i.e., it's waiting for company on the truck). Lord - that could mean hours or weeks...the initial estimate I received for shipping (from 2 different dealers) was "about 2 weeks after it goes into production." Today is the end of week 3....sigh....

Crazy in some respects because, given what you pay for freight, the dealer could pay someone to drive down with a pickup truck and drag it back cheaper and faster!!

And great advice on double checking options. I plan to have my checklist with me. It costs too much to settle for "whoopsies" and "we forgots." I plan to get what I requested and paid for.

All good tings to those who wait, right?

Comment

Be sure to post some photos of it when you get it.

Comment

Originally posted by madsonp View Post
            Be sure to post some photos of it when you get it.
            I will - until everyone begs me to stop!!

Comment

How did you guys find out when the boat was built? I have been waiting 6 weeks for a VR4.

Comment

Originally posted by graysailor View Post
                How did you guys find out when the boat was built? I have been waiting 6 weeks for a VR4.
                My dealer/salesman would contact the Bayliner rep about the order status.
                Present Boat- 2018 VR5 4.5/200hp Mercruiser
                Last Boat- 1998 Capri 1950CL 3.0 Mercruiser

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Just be aware...even after it "is built," and Bayliner has notified the dealer, it still may sit on the factory lot for weeks before there are enough units in the vicinity of where your boat will be delivered to justify shipping. They will not ship one at a time - they wait until they can fill a truck. Mine sat on the lot for almost 2 weeks before it hit the highway

Good luck!

Comment

If I understood your question correctly, it all depends on which option you want to use. If you need to pick up your parcel as soon as possible, you can take premium delivery, and your spare part will arrive at you as quickly as possible. When I was tuning my car, I ordered scarce spare parts from Asia through a company that my brother advised me, since he has his own car dealership and often uses these services. The company even allowed me to track the tracking number epacket of my parcel, which I really liked. So try to figure out if you are ready to pay extra for reducing the delivery time of your parcel

Comment

Originally posted by andrewmorras View Post
                        If I understood your question correctly, ...snip...
                        But his question was asked almost 2yrs ago

Comment

Working...
                        X