Wakeboard Tower VR4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakeboard Tower VR4

Hi! I bought a 2018 VR4 last summer and now am regretting not getting a tower on it; esp. seeing a wakeboard doesn't fit in the ski locker. I really like the Bayliner one I could have had the dealer install at purchase, but the price is high. $2500 for the tower, $1200 for Bimini and $500 for shipping. And that doesn't even start with install.
    Monstertower.com has some good intro packages that include racks and speakers for less than $2500 but I don't like the look as much. Install is extra also.
    The dealer said the boat is bracketed for a tower. The Bayliner tower goes up on the gunwales. After market ones tend to have 4 brackets (2 on each side) more on the outer hull. Dealer wasn't sure if it's braced for that.
    Anyone put one on their boat after the fact? Any luck? Does it void warranty? Any advice?
    Thanks in advance.

I added a Joystick Roll Cage wakeboard tower in 1998. It was considerably less expensive than anything else and I installed it in 1/2 day. I did need a helper, but only because it was too clumsy to handle the long parts myself. Most time consuming was determining mount locations so I had space to add the backing blocks. It still works, and also serves as a radar arch for antennas, hailer, flag, light.
    1998 Capri 1950CL
    3 Liter MerCruiser
    Furuno 1622 Radar, Garmin echoMAP44dv, Garmin 300 AIS receiver, Uniden Cl 2 VHF with Hailer,
    2 batteries with Combiner, Joystick Wakeboard Tower

Comment

Monster towers also have models that mount on top of gunnels...I'm not saying that's best but I would imagine they could send ya pics of prior installs
      2008 H210SS Four Winns
      Volvo Penta 5.7 GISX
      Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner
      Brad / Texas Gulf Coast

Comment

Working...
      X