Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good solution for a door on a bowrider between the windshield halves...-gctid410204

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Davem2421 wrote:
    I like that idea, would you happen to have any pictures of the plexiglass in place (or can I just not see it...LOL)?
    Sorry i don't have a pic with it in place but it fits snugly,does not rattle or whistle at speed and was a mod done by the owner, not a shop, I'm guessing 10 bucks for the 1/4" aluminum channel at a hardware store, 20 or so for the plexi glass and a hour or so assuming the installer can run a tape measure and cut a straight line. The "can't see it" comment makes me think I should maybe adorn it with a nice Bayliner decal or something to help prevent someone walking into it. Thanks for the hint.

Regards

BC Steve

Comment

kidafa wrote:
      Any ideas where I can buy the C channel that I can slide the plexiglass into :-P
      Not sure whats available in your area, but if you can not find it a hardware outlet, if you went to a glass/windshield repair shop they would most likely have the plexi glass and a proper size channel to fit it. As my install was done by the previous owner I do not know where the materials were bought. I beleive it is important to have the glass fit the channel so it does not rattle. As far as the install mine comes up just slightly higher then the bottom of the hinged portion of the wind shield and just behind it , seems to work. I will post a installed picture when I get a chance. Hope this helps.

regards

BC Steve

Comment

I mounted a fender clip on the top of each side of the dash panels, close to the window and passageway.

My wife hemmed the top of a piece of vinyl and ran sash cord through it, and sewed a strip of the hook type of Velcro to each of the bottom corners. I tied the other part of the fender clip hardware to each end of the cord. Since it's just vinyl, it rolls up and takes very little space for storage. When it's nasty, it takes only a few seconds to unroll it, hook the two fender clips in place, and press the Velcro to the carpeted floor. It holds fast and makes a significant difference in cool and rainy weather.
        1998 Capri 1950CL
        3 Liter MerCruiser
        Furuno 1622 Radar, Garmin echoMAP44dv, Si-tex ADF, Uniden Cl 2 VHF with Hailer,
        2 batteries with Combiner, Joystick Wakeboard Tower

Comment

Working...
        X